Skip to main content


On this page, you will find common questions from parents/ young people about SEND and Cornwall’s SEND Local Offer. If you have a question that isn’t answered on our information pages or here, please use our feedback form to let us know what information is missing/ tell us what you think about Cornwall’s SEND Local Offer. 

1. How can I find a Personal Assistant, and what support is available to help me employ them from my/my son or daughter’s personal budget?

Search Cornwall’s SEND Local Offer for ‘personal assistant’ to be provided with a list of organisations/services that can support you to find the right personal assistant for you/your child.

There is also a range of services that can help you manage personal budgets – see our money matters information page for more guidance on personal budgets or Disability Rights UK’s factsheet is one of many useful sources of information

2. What does the orange LO circle mean ?

The Orange LO Flash

If you see an orange LO circle, also known as the LO flash, next to a provider in our listings, it means that they have answered specific questions relating to inclusion within their setting and can facilitate children with SEND.

3. Can I see only Local Offer services in my search results?

The results of your search will be generated due to its relevance to your search terms and will access results from both the Local Offer and the Family Information Service. There may be useful information/ services from the Family Information Service results, however, if you wish to refine by organisations with the Local Offer ‘flash’ you can use the filter options on the left-hand size to sort by only Local Offer services. For help with searching visit our Help page.  

4. My child has been identified as having a SEN or disability; do they need an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan?

If your child has been identified as having Special Educational Needs or a disability, our What is SEND? information page provides useful information about the definitions of Special Educational Needs (SEN) and disability, what support is available and relevant legislation/guidance. 

5. I am a young person with SEND, how can I find information about careers or college?

The Youth Local Offer is specifically designed with preparing for adulthood in mind. On the Youth Local Offer site, you can find information about Education and Employment, including support finding work and further or higher education. 

6. I am a service provider/organisation, how do I provide information about my service on Cornwall’s SEND Local Offer?

We have created a Service provider page just for service providers/organisations which details how to create an account and add your service to the Local Offer directory. It also includes information on how to update your information.

On this page, you will also find information about how to obtain an orange LO flash/circle next to your listing by filling out the inclusion questions when you add or update your information. 

Back to top
Powered by Open Objects ©