The following is a vehicle to:
• Provide a common language for professionals and for families to identify and respond to the needs of children/young people.
• Aid development of a consistent referral, assessment and planning framework for children/young people at all levels of need.
• Provide clarity, coherence and transparency about services available across Cornwall in order to promote access.
• Identify the different levels of needs and determine levels of intervention with a focus on the early detection of needs and preventative support as demonstrated on the Continuum of Need.
• To reflect the structure of Cornwall's Children's Services, emphasising the implementation of integrated working and approaches to assessment, planning and service delivery.
Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Safeguarding Children Partnership (SCP)
The SCP agrees how local services and professionals working with children should co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
The principles behind information sharing
Guidance on when and how to share information.
Levels of Need
The Levels of Need create a common language for describing children's needs.
Children's Trust Cornwall
The Children's Trust is the formal body that sets the strategic direction for partnership working in Cornwall to improve the wellbeing and safeguarding of all the children and young people that live across the County and acts as the Children's Trust Board. The Children's Trust Board oversees the implementation of the strategic priorities identified in Cornwall’s Children and Young People’s Plan and guiding statute at any given time.