Carers Partnership Board
Carers Partnership Board was set up in response to national strategies to ensure carers are able to access the support and services they need to remain in their caring role for as long as they wish.
The purpose of the board is to:
- Monitor the Cornwall Carers Strategy 2014-2016
- Discuss and address issues of common concern to carers in Cornwall
- Raise awareness and improve understanding of the role carers play in supporting other people
- Exchange ideas, strengthen skills and share examples of good practice in developing support and services so carers can remain in their caring role for longer
Membership of the Board
Membership of the Board is open to carers and those who have a lead role in developing support and services for carers in Cornwall. Key membership of the Board is:
- Carers and carer representatives from the Carers Forums
- Cornwall Council
- NHS Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly (including Kernow Clinical Commissioning Group, Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust and Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust)
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Cornwall Housing Ltd
- Cornwall Carers Service
- Parent Carer Council
If you would like to become a member of the Carers Partnership Board, please contact us to register your interest.
Observers at Carers Partnership Board meetings
Carers and anyone else interested in the work of the Board are welcome to attend the meetings as observers. Observers can raise questions of the Board via a Carers Partnership Board member or via your local carers forums.
Places at Board meetings are limited to 40 people. Please contact us to book your place.
Structure of Carers Partnership Board meetings
The meetings are held every quarter and take place from 10.30am until 2.30pm to close by 3pm. Observers can raise questions of the Board via a Carers Partnership Board member or via your local carers forums.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Carers Partnership Board
Polkyth Recreation Centre
- PL25 4DB
- Referral required
Last updated: 02/11/2016