Carers Partnership Board
Cornwall recognises the fundamental support carers provide towards strong and sustained communities and will deliver access to support that enables carers to maintain their wellbeing in a healthy caring role and to use and develop their skills in a happy balanced life.
The purpose of Carers Partnership Board
The purpose of the board is to:
- Discuss and address issues of common concern to carers in Cornwall
- Raise awareness and improve understanding of the role carers play in supporting other people
- Exchange ideas, strengthen skills and share examples of good practice in developing support and services so carers can remain in their caring role for longer
Membership of the Board
Membership of the Board is open to carers and those who have a lead role in developing support and services for carers in Cornwall. Key membership of the Board is:
- Carers and carer representatives from the Carers Forums
- Cornwall Council
- NHS Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly (including Kernow Clinical Commissioning Group, Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust and Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust)
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Cornwall Housing Ltd
- Cornwall Carers Service
- Parent Carer Council
The board can be contacted via Celia Newcombe, Administration Manager, Healthwatch Cornwall
- Telephone: 01872 273501 or 07986 186551
- Email: Celia.Newcombe@healthwatchcornwall.co.uk
There is currently an investigation taking place to create improvements in the partnership, the way it works and the terms of reference.
There will be a “Next Steps” meeting at St Erme community hall on June 26, 2018; if anyone is interested in attending would they please contact Healthwatch Cornwall using the details given above
Carers forums are open to all informal and unpaid carers. Carers forums have been set up across Cornwall to provide an avenue for information and guidance. They also enable carers to have their voices heard by those who make decisions about the services and support available to them and the people they care for.
The carers forums offer carers the opportunity to share and highlight concerns and feed them back through Carers Partnership Board. The forums are a way to raise the awareness of issues and concerns experienced by carers and highlight the importance of the role they perform.
The forums are held quarterly in each area and have administration support to help organise and run them, and also to make sure reports and minutes are written and actioned properly.
Each forum aims to identify local solutions for issues and concerns raised by carers at each meeting. Some issues and concerns are considered by Carers Partnership Board to identify solutions and escalate as needed.
Who to contact
- Referral required
Last updated: 02/11/2016