Take 3 (10-18 Years) - Brannel School
Take 3 is an evidence based course in two parts for parents of young people aged between 10and 18. It is aimed at supporting parents of at-risk or vulnerable young people whose challenging behaviour is causing problems for parents and/or the community.
The "3" in the title refers to the three vital elements of effective parenting:
it also refers to breathing techniques that the course teaches to help a parent stay calm in stressful situations.
- Introductions - why are we all here?
- What's adolescence?
- Encouraging young people
- The power of listening
- Misbehaviour and listening
- The four styles of parenting
- Taking stock, "I" statements and boundaries
- Negotiating boundaries and consequences
- When adults disagree - more negotiation practice
- Saying good bye and moving on
This course is run by experience Youth Workers who can offer advice specific to your circumstances. the sessions are informal and include discussion, DVD examples as well as tried and tested advice and strategies. Parents find it reassuring to b in a group with others experiencing similar issues.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Early Help Hub
- 01872 322277
- Parent organisation
- Take 3
Where to go
- Brannel School
- PL26 7RN
Plenty of car parking space
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Every Thursday between 27th September 2018 - 6th December 2018, 18:30 - 20:30
- Time of day
- Session information
This is a 10 week course
- FREE: Booking is essential due to limited places
- Age ranges
- From 10 years to 18 years
- Referral required
- Referral details
For more details and to request a form please contact:
Early Help Hub 01872 322277
Last updated: 23/08/2018