Chuckles Day Nursery, Baldhu
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We have an extremely large outdoor secure play area surrounded by fields that we use daily, weather permitting.
All areas of the EYFS are catered for with our emphasis on the children having fun.
Ofsted rated OUTSTANDING, March 2014.
We have a wide range of resources available to meet all childrens needs. The use of Makaton leads to all children being included in the nursery routine.
Sports4Tots visits weekly.
We offer Spanish lessons (term time only) for pre-school age children as an extra option.
We also now offer yoga sessions for 2.5yrs plus as an extra option.
Grant funded places (15-30hrs) are available between 08.30 and 15.30hrs, Monday to Friday.
We have a family centred approach to childcare that we feel emulates the home environment. We also employ an Early Years Professional(EYP) and a qualified teacher.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Chuckles Nursery
- TR3 6EG
Very limited bus service.
We offer spanish lessons to pre-school children during term time.
Sports4Tots and yoga class visits weekly.
Time / date details
- Session information
- Monday : 08:00:00 - 18:00:00 Tuesday : 08:00:00 - 18:00:00 Wednesday : 08:00:00 - 18:00:00 Thursday : 08:00:00 - 18:00:00 Friday : 08:00:00 - 18:00:00
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Please enter details including what proof is required for the free or reduced rate
- NHS, Cornwall Council and Armed Forces discount, ID or proof of employment required
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Step into main nursery, ramp available.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- All diets catered for, freshly cooked every day by our own chef
- Experience with
Multi cultural training
All children are welcome in our home.
- Catered for
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- 3 & 4 year old funded places available, 38 or 51 weeks pa. 2yr old funded places available 38 weeks pa. Vacancies vary depending on day. Discounts available for NHS, County Council and Armed Forces and siblings.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 08:00:00 18:00:00 Tuesday 08:00:00 18:00:00 Wednesday 08:00:00 18:00:00 Thursday 08:00:00 18:00:00 Friday 08:00:00 18:00:00
- Offers pickups
- SENCo name
- Jill Manners
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
We use a process of observation, assessment and planning; Provision Plans; Two year old assessments for children between 27 - 33 months.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
As above plus tracker charts, next steps, implementation of planning with regard to the childs interests all linked to the EYFS. Provision of relevant equipment.
- Links we have to other agencies
Children, Schools and Families; Inclusion team, Speech and Language therapy service.
- How we support children transferring to school
Visits by reception class teachers, books, group discussions, some of our feeder schools offer 'learning together' sessions during the summer term. Transition is part of our planning, especially during the summer term prior to children leaving to start school.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
EYT (EYP), behaviour management, Makaton, CAF and Lead Professional training, all staff have current paediatric first aid and food hygiene
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
The setting follows the principles of the Healthy Under 5's programme, outdoor play every day, 'Sports 4 Tots', freshly cooked lunch each day plus two healthy snacks, use of local Health Promotion Service. Personal hygiene is actively encouraged eg: hand washing.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Daily verbal feedback, learning journeys, newsletters, parents evenings, summative assessments, 'activities at home' sheets.
- Our complaints policy
Complaints policy in place, available to all parents, in line with Ofsted guidelines. All concerns/complaints will be thoroughly investigated.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Ramp available for access.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Changing facilities available in two areas.
- Specialist resources we have
Sensory room plus sensory equipment is used throughout the nursery.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
We do not have outings but we do have visitors come to the nursery.
Last updated: 16/01/2020