Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
A day nursery and out of school club open 51 weeks of the year (closed weekends, Bank Holidays and for one week from 1pm Christmas Eve) for children aged 0 - 14 years. Free flow outdoor area, climbing frame. Fully qualified experienced staff.
Enclosed outdoor play area - all areas accessible to wheelchair users. Use of open school site.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Willows Educare
- TR18 3JZ
On bus routes 10 and 11
Time / date details
- Session information
- Monday : 08:00:00 - 18:00:00 Tuesday : 08:00:00 - 18:00:00 Wednesday : 08:00:00 - 18:00:00 Thursday : 08:00:00 - 18:00:00 Friday : 08:00:00 - 18:00:00
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.20 (over 2 years) Per Hour £4.80 (under 2 years) Per Hour
- Siblings and NHS dscounts
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Please enter details including what proof is required for the free or reduced rate
- Siblings to attend at the same time NHS identity
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Access provided.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- As requested.
- Experience with
- Multi cultural training
- If required.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 08:00:00 18:00:00 Tuesday 08:00:00 18:00:00 Wednesday 08:00:00 18:00:00 Thursday 08:00:00 18:00:00 Friday 08:00:00 18:00:00
- Offers pickups
St Mary's CE Primary School - Penzance
Pensans Community Primary School
Alverton Community Primary School
St Mary's Catholic School - Penzance
- SENCo name
- Nikki Walters
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Through formal and informal assessment and discussion amongst keyworkers against the Early Years Foundation Stage. This, with information about the children at home, will be used to determine support that will be needed for the child. If sufficient progress is not made by the child additional professional advice will be sought.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Through observation of the child, knowledge of the child and guidance from the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Links we have to other agencies
Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychologist, SENCO and Child Development Unit.
- How we support children transferring to school
As we are based on the site of Heamoor School the children who have applied for a place at the school will be included in transiition arragments which include an hour per week in the Reception Class for two terms, Lunchtime Experience where the children are able to have lunch in the school hall plus other activities using the school's facilities such as the school hall and sports field. For children applying to other schools the teachers are invited to visit and their Learning Journeys are passed to the teachers (with parent's permission) with cohort tracking.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Makaton Behaviour Management, Every Child a Talker, Sensory Processing Difficulties, Visual Timetables
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
We have achieved our Healthy Early Years Award and Nutritious Nippers Level 5
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
For the very young children (Under 1) a daily communication diary is shared each time the child attends, for children under 3 years verbal feedback is given to every parent when they collect their child and for funded 3 and 4 years olds the Supervisor provides feedback after each session. There is also an open door policy where parents are invited to come at anytime to speak to the keyworkers. For children requiring additional support information will be shared as is necessary.
- Our complaints policy
All complaints should be directed to either the Supervisor or Manager and will be dealt with, if possible, within 24 hours.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
The building is purpose built so access is good
- Facilities we have for personal care
No specific facilities but a child's privacy is respected through personal care regimes.
- Specialist resources we have
No specialist equipment but happy to source if required
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Provided the place that is to be visited is suitable for the child all children are included and additional staff organised to enable them to attend.
Last updated: 08/08/2017