NCS - National Citizen Service
NCS is an exciting, adventurous and life-enhancing programme for young people currently in years 11 & 12.
As the biggest youth-development programme in England, it gives young people the opportunity to develop new, vital skills and to make new friends whilst having fun during autumn or spring half terms.
Why should I encourage my son/daughter to sign up?
- Participants will develop teamwork, leadership and communication skills.
- Young people will be engaged in positive activity during the summer.
- On completion of NCS, young people will graduate from the programme and receive a signed certificate from the Prime Minister.
- NCS is recognised by UCAS and employers across the country.
- Participants will make new friends and gain memories that will last a lifetime.
What does NCS cost? The Government will invest more than £1000 in each NCS participant place, this will cover the cost of transport, activities, accommodation, food and for trained DBS (CRB) checked staff. For parents, this means a place on NCS is secured with just a £50 non-refundable deposit. However, if your Son/Daughter received free school meals they are exempt from payment and bursaries are available for circumstances where there maybe financial barriers.
How do I guarantee a place on NCS for my son/daughter? Contact us for an application form, complete the form and return it (with the deposit) as soon as possible to the address below. All places are on a first come first served basis, so do it now and don’t miss out on this great opportunity.
Need a form? You can call us 01726 226511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a sign up form to be sent out by mail.
NCS is a once in a lifetime opportunity for 15 to 17 year olds.
Along with thousands of other people their age, participants enjoy different outdoor activities and develop confidence and skills - especially the teamwork and leadership skills that employers and admission tutors value. They learn lots, help their local community and perhaps most importantly of all, make new friends, developing socially too.
They will take part in two away weeks in the summer (or one in the spring or autumn programme) and be given the opportunity to create a project they really care about and bring it to life in their local area.
NCS is accessible to all, regardless of income, ability, educational attainment or ambition.
Who to contact
Where to go
- NCS - National Citizen Service run by Cornwall College, BF Adventure and Young People Cornwall (YPC)
The NCS programme is delivered in Cornwall by Cornwall College, BF Adventure and Young People Cornwall (YPC). Participants can choose which organisation they would prefer to go with, alternatively, available dates may dictate provider.
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Currently recruiting for Summer 2017 Programmes.
- Session information
NCS runs for during the school holidays and after exams in the summer.
- £50 non-refundable deposit to secure a place (Bursaries are available)
- Please enter details including what proof is required for the free or reduced rate
Persons over age range will be considered on a case by case basis. Please apply.
- Age ranges
- From 16 years 0 months to 17 years 11 months
- Referral required
- Referral details
Places available to Cornwall residents fulfilling the selection criteria on first come first served basis.
Last updated: 18/01/2016