Emily Simpson, Sunshine Nanny
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
My name is Emily Simpson, I have a BA (Hons) Childhood and Youth Studies and have been working with children for more than ten years in schools,nurseries and at Nanclerdra Pre school as the manager. I am a qualified nanny and registered childminder, with experience of all age ranges.
I offer flexible childcare to meet parent's needs, including early morning, evenings, Saturdays and school and nursery pickups.
I live in a spacious house in the heart of St Ives, five minutes away from Porthmeor and Porthgwidden beaches. These outdoor spaces are used for playing & learning in all weathers!
I have a teenage daughter and two minature poodles, so children can experience homely family childcare alongside stimulating, planned educational opportunities.
In the day time we play on the beach, visit local libraries, playgroups, Toddler Tate and parks. I can pick up from local nurseries and schools.
I also do nanny work at the child's house and babysitting if needed, please contact me for more information.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Miss Emily Simpson
Mobile: 07845 768249
Where to go
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Has provision
- Experience with
- All children are welcome in our home.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Immediate vacancies
- Please contact me by email or phone for more information on availability.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
- Offers pickups
St Uny CE School
St Ives Junior School
St Piran's Preparatory School
St Ives Infant School
St Erth Community Primary School
- Montessori, St Ives Infant School nursery, Little Seahorses,The Barn nursery. Will consider other schools and nurseries.
- SENCo name
- Emily Simpson
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Regular observations on learning and development.
meetings with parents
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Regular observations, planning webs, next steps and assessments.
- Links we have to other agencies
Quality childminding network for support and questions relating to inclusion.
Aim to do more SENCO training
- How we support children transferring to school
Talk about school with child and parents
Support school visits if needed
Sharing information with parent consent
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Special needs experience, speech and language courses.
Nursery manager experience with autism, Global developmental delay and sensory processing disorders.
SENCO training, makaton workshops, and speech and language training.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
2 year old check
Child conferencing about their experience at the setting
Lots of outdoor learning, play and exercise.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Informal chats and formal meetings if requested.
- Our complaints policy
Complaints policy given to all parents in welcome pack
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Building not accessible for wheel chairs due to stairs.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Separate nappy changing area
Lots of area to wash hands using hot water and liquid soup
- Specialist resources we have
Can get them if needed
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
I have 2 children at once so all trips include both children as they are risk assessed beforehand
Last updated: 06/03/2018