Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
I work with my daughters Taylor and Jade they are my full time assistants. We enjoy taking the children on outings:
- walks in the woods
- weekly meetings with other childminder & children
- the Beacon
At home the children enjoy:
- ball pool
- story time
- role play
- small world toys and lots more
Outdoor play - We have a large patio area with slides, sandpits, wooden sensory kitchen, tree stump fairy houses, dinosaur land, ride on bikes, seesaws. A rubber floored area that is covered astro turf, an activity climbing centre with slide, water, sand play and chalk board .We have a sail that can be placed over the top so the outside area can still be used when raining or is a safe area when its sunny.
Family - There is myself & my husband, Andy, who is my assistant. I also have 3 daughters, Jodie, Jade and Taylor. All of them are registered as my assistants, are all DBS checked, child safeguarding and paediatric first aid trained. We have a dog called Beau ( pug) , "Dave" the ferret and some tropical fish.
Qualifications - I have been childminding for 23 years. The last 3 Ofsted Inspections we received outstanding on each area. Basic food Hygiene, Special Needs, Paediatric first Aid, Epi-pen Training, Science In The kitchen, Cooking with Stories, Learning Through Play, Multicultural Workshop, Bringing the Outdoors Inside, Dealing with Bereavement, Constructive Play, Birth to Three, Child Protection, Heuristic Play, Learning Journeys, lots of EYFS Training. Risk assessment English as a second Language, Disability Inclusion course, Networking course, Safeguarding children, British Values, Female Genital Mutilation and Channel Awareness Course, Completed NVQ 3.SENCO, and lots more.
I am accredited and offer 2, 3 and 4 year old funding.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Angela Britten
- Contact position
Mobile: 07734 722807
Where to go
Time / date details
- Session information
- Monday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Tuesday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Wednesday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Thursday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Friday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.20
- We offer 2,3 & 4 year funding.
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Slope to house
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Parents to provide food. Happy to accommodate any dietary needs. We have a no nut policy , as we have mind a child who had a severe nut allergy.
- Has provision
- Experience with
Yes would have an understanding
Multi cultural training
All children are welcome in our home.
- We have minded children of various cultures,attended courses,and will provide any needs if requested.
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
Other furred animal
- Immediate vacancies
- Please ring for information as parents circumstances can change
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Tuesday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Wednesday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Thursday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Friday 07:30:00 18:00:00
- Offers pickups
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School - Bodmin
- I have a VW Transporter, the school is within walking distance.
- SENCo name
- Angela Britten
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
I do regular observations as the children are playing to be able to build up a developmental picture on each child, they enables me to spot any areas that require additional help.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
These are normally identified by observations that I regularly complete on each child to evidence where they are developmentally.
- Links we have to other agencies
I have completed many training courses in regards to additional professional help,I have links with local health visitors, social workers and many other professionals.
- How we support children transferring to school
We work to ensure that each child is 'school ready' so they practice skills that are vital in school such as being independent going to the toilet, ability to get changed and put their own coat and shoes on as well as their confidence in asking adults for help if they need to.We have a going to school book that we enjoy reading. We take the children to school on pick ups and collections so they know the nursery staff and school.The parents take to school on their visit their childs transitions record of development .
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
I ensure that my child protection and safeguarding training are kept up to date.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
I ensure that my setting is risk assessed and also the outings that we go on are too. I teach the children road safety and other aspects about keeping them safe from an early age. I offer healthy food and offer activities to support being healthy.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
My policies set out how I intend to keep their child safe. I talk to the parents and keep them updated
- Our complaints policy
My policy sets out what they need to do if they wish to complain about my services. I would hope that they can communicate with me firsthand if they are not happy with any thing and we can resolve this.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
A new double glazed door at the front of the house was fitted with a special ramp so buggy's/ wheel chairs could access easily. We have a side passage to make the rear garden accessible to buggy's/wheelchairs (this has a tall locked gate at either side for safety).French doors to the rear of the house leading to a large patio area.
- Facilities we have for personal care
I have a separate upstairs bathroom which the children use.
- Specialist resources we have
We have a range of toys and heuristic learning aids, books, computer and will resource any as needed.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
I include all children in activities and will adapt the level of the activities offered based on each child's learning stage and ability.
Last updated: 02/08/2021