Mindfulness based Cognitive Therapy for those with Cancer and their Carers
This 8 week mindfulness course has been created for those with a diagnosis of cancer and their carers.
Mindfulness is a way of paying attention. When we practice mindfulness, we are training ourselves to be fully present in each moment, meeting our experience of ourselves and the world around us exactly as it is. This enables us to become skilled at working with our mind and our mental states.
Staying in touch with the present in this way, from one moment to the next, may lead you to experience yourself differently, perhaps feeling less stuck, or recognising more strength, balance and confidence in yourself. Research has shown that most people completing the programme report lasting physical and psychological benefits including:
- Greater self-confidence and more acceptance of life as it is
- An increased ability to cope effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations
- An increased ability to relax and experience calm
- More energy, enthusiasm and appreciation for life
Who to contact
- 07815 801234
Where to go
Embrace Dance Fitness, The Sail Loft
- TR10 8AG
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Fridays 19:00 to 21:00
- Time of day
- Session information
January 11, 18, 21, 25, February 1, 8, 15, March 1, 8
Day Retreat: Sunday 10 February
- For more information or to book, please get in touch.