Redruth Library and Information Service
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
The management of Redruth Library and Information Service has transferred to the Town Council as part of Cornwall Council’s Devolution Programme. The devolution programme is helping councils and communities take over local ownership, management and control of services. Cornwall Council continues to support the Town Council to deliver the local service. Redruth Library and Information Service customers will still be members of the Cornwall Library and Information Service and will be able to borrow from the Cornwall-wide stock of books, CD’s and DVD’s, as well as having access to online newspapers, e-magazines, eBooks and computers.
- Disabled access is via the main entrance and the library is all on one level.
Council payments taken
Cash, cheque and card payments taken during normal opening hours.
You can use the links below to make an online payment:
- Pay it - Cornwall Council
- How to pay your council tax
- Council tenants - pay your rent using allpay Payment
- 7 Computers with internet access
- Free Wi Fi available
- National and local newspapers
- Scanning, printing and photocopying
- Self Service (staff available to help if required)
- National Concessionary bus pass applications are quick and easy to apply for online. If you do not have access to the internet they can be processed Monday to Friday during normal opening hours.
- Council payments taken during normal opening hours
- Receipt of Documents - to be forwarded to Council Departments
- Seagull proof bags available at a cost of £3.50. Each reusable bag will hold three black rubbish sacks
Events and activities
- Computer classes for beginners
- Redruth Library Bookworms meet on the third Thursday of the month, 2pm-4pm in the library
- Redruth Readers meet on the third Thursday of the month, 10:30am-noon. We have various reading groups that can be found throughout Cornwall.
- Special events - we have a wide range of events taking place in libraries including author talks, drop-in events and much more. Find out if there are any special events taking place in a library near you.
- Bookstart Rhymetime sessions for ages 0-4 years and their parents/carers every Tuesday 2pm-2:45pm and every Friday 11am - 11:45am (sessions are cancelled during August).
Who to contact
Where to go
- Redruth Library and Information Service
- TR15 2QE
- How we make our service inclusive
Disabled access is via the main entrance and the library is all on one level.
- Resolving disagreements, mediation and making complaints