Cornwall Wood Bank Scheme
Cornish Firewood launched the Cornwall Wood Bank Scheme in 2016, a community enterprise created to help address the issues of fuel poverty in Cornwall.
Similar to a food bank the wood bank offers a lifeline to those who are unable to heat their homes and have to choose between heating and eating.
If you would like to apply or donate, call or email us for more information.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Unit 1A
- TR16 5DZ
Find us just off the A30
- Referral required
- Referral details
We work with community partners such as local charities, Cornwall Council, Shelter, local food banks and Age Concern to name a few where clients are referred to us. Otherwise anyone can apply to receive help from the wood bank.
Criteria are as follows:
- Must prove low income does not meet household budget outgoings – personal debts are not included in this.
- Must have facility to safely burn wood fuel – burner, Rayburn, boiler or open fire.
- Demonstrate cannot afford to use fossil fuel heating such as gas, electric or oil. Please state if wood fuel is only source of heating.
- Must be living in the postcode areas covered by the scheme East Cornwall to Lands Ends
- Proof of income and expenditure will be required.