Chuckles Nurseries Limited, Perranwell Station
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We have a secure outdoor play area which is used daily, weather permitting. All areas of the EYFS are catered for with our emphasis on the children having fun. We have a family centred approach to childcare that we feel emulates the home environment. We have a wide range of resources available to meet all childrens needs. We also offer a breakfast & after school club on our premises(term time only).
Ofsted rated us Good in October 2019, please see our recent Ofsted inspection report at: www.ofsted.gov.uk
Who to contact
Where to go
- Chuckles Nursery
- TR3 7PT
Bus, Train to Truro & Falmouth
We usually offer Spanish lessons to pre-school children during term time; Sports4Tots all year round and yoga sessions to 2.5ys plus as an extra option. However due to Covid-19 restrictions we are currently unable to do this, we hope to resume these sessions as soon as possible.
Grant funded places (15-30hrs) are available between 08.30 and 15.30hrs, Monday to Friday.
Time / date details
- Session information
- Monday : 08:00:00 - 17:00:00 Tuesday : 08:00:00 - 17:00:00 Wednesday : 08:00:00 - 17:00:00 Thursday : 08:00:00 - 17:00:00 Friday : 08:00:00 - 17:00:00
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 10% reduction for two or more children or 5% reduction for NHS, Armed Forces or CC employees. Childcare vouchers accepted. N/A
- 10% reduction for two or more children.
5% reduction for NHS, Armed Forces and C.C. employee's. Childcare vouchers and Tax Free Childcare accepted.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Please enter details including what proof is required for the free or reduced rate
- 5% discount available on confirmation of relevant qualifying employer
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Limited access to ground floor, no lift available to upper floor.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- All diets catered for by our own chef, freshly cooked every day.
- Has provision
- Experience with
Multi cultural training
All children are welcome in our home.
- catered for.
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Other furred animal
- Immediate vacancies
- Vacancies depends on the day. Contact group for up to date vacancies. 2,3 & 4 year old funded places available. We currently have limited places available for 0-1yr olds.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 08:00:00 17:00:00 Tuesday 08:00:00 17:00:00 Wednesday 08:00:00 17:00:00 Thursday 08:00:00 17:00:00 Friday 08:00:00 17:00:00
- Offers pickups
- Perran-ar-Worthal Community Primary School
- Walking bus to/from Perranwell School for our breakfast/after school club children.
- SENCo name
- Clare Parkyn
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
We use a process of observation, assessment and planning; Provision Plans; Two year old assessments for children between 27 - 33 months.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
As above plus summative assessments, next steps and delivery of planned activities that lead from childrens individual interests.
- Links we have to other agencies
Children, Schools and Families service; Inclusion team; Speech and Language Therapy service
- How we support children transferring to school
Photo books, group discussions, story books, reception class teachers visiting our setting, some of our feeder schools offer 'learning together' sessions in the summer term prior to the child starting school.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Behaviour management, CAF and Lead Professional, Makaton, all staff have current paediatric first aid training and food hygiene.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
Healthy Under 5's principles in place, includes freshly cooked lunches plus two healthy snacks; 'Wake and Shake' each morning plus weekly session delivered by Nick from 'Sports 4 Tots'. Active promotion of personal hygiene by the children eg: handwashing. Outside play time every day.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Daily verbal feedback, childs 'day book', parents evenings, learning journeys, newsletters, 'activities at home' sheets.
- Our complaints policy
Policy in place, freely available to all parents. All complaints/concerns investigated thoroughly in line with Ofsted guidelines.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
This is a Grade II listed building, so structural changes are restricted, but ramps would be available if required to access the building.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Large bathrooms on each floor for toileting, hand washing and nappy changing.
- Specialist resources we have
Sensory resources eg: visual and tactile equipment.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
We do not do outings, we have visitors come to the nursery instead.
Last updated: 20/08/2020