Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Liskeard Library has temporarily moved to Luxstowe House, Liskeard
Temporary move of Liskeard Library
As the current library building is in need of refurbishment, Liskeard Library will move temporarily to Luxstowe House at the end of March to allow for this work to take place. Once this refurbishment has been completed, the Library will return to Barras Street. Both the temporary and newly refurbished library will have staff on hand to help customers.
Planning permission has been granted to a local community group RIO to continue the library service and to carry out significant refurbishment of the building. We see this partnership with RIO as a positive move. The residents of Liskeard will have a fully renovated library building that is more accessible but more importantly safeguarded for the future.
At Luxstowe temporary library you will be able to:
- Access around 1,600 books which will include a good selection of fiction, non-fiction and children’s books.
- Use a “click and collect service”- Customers will be able to reserve books and other resources from the online library catalogue and collect from the temporary library. If it’s more convenient, customers can choose an alternative collection site when making a reservation online.
- Access free Wi-Fi and computers. Printing, Photocopying and Scanning available
- Use the Library self-service kiosk to borrow, return and pay library charges.
- Download free Audio and EBooks from the temporary library or at home.
- The temporary library will have staff on hand to help customers.
- The temporary library at Luxstowe is unable to offer letterbox book drop off service out of opening hours from 1 April. The Barras St. Library letterbox will be sealed from 1pm on Saturday 30th March.
- Newspapers available - The Western Morning News and Cornish Times
- The Library Microfilm is currently located in Liskeard Museum for the duration of the building works.
- Accessible toilets
- Accessible library
- National Concessionary bus pass applications are quick and easy to apply for online. If you do not have access to the internet they can be processed Monday to Friday during normal opening hours.
- We have a small stock of recycling sacks and boxes available from our Information Service. Although we can’t guarantee availability but we can order on your behalf or you can order direct using our request recycling equipment/recycling containment online form.
- Seagull proof bags available at a cost of £3.50. Each bag will hold three black rubbish sacks
- Bookstart Rhymetime runs every Thursday from 10am for toddlers and 10:30am for babies. From Thursday 28th March the Bookstart Rhymetime sessions will be temporarily held in the Liskeard RIO building 26 Fore Street, PL14 3JB.
- Storytime for Under 5s is held in the temporary library – 2.30pm every Thursday
Who to contact
Where to go
- Liskeard Library
- PL14 6AB
- How we make our service inclusive
- Accessible toilets
- Lift to ICT suite on the first floor
- Resolving disagreements, mediation and making complaints
Please follow the Cornwall Council complaint form.