Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
I’m a new childminder in Mawnan Smith. As a Mum to 3 young children myself I aim to offer the nurture and care I would expect for my own children. Being a qualified teacher I have years of experience of working with children. My home has lots of space both indoors and outdoors and we spend as much time playing outside as possible. I offer wrap around care and aim to hear your children read or do their spellings or tables at least once a week. We are a busy, happy household with a friendly spaniel! Early and late drop offs are available on request. I aim to be as flexible as possible to the requirements of the families in the village.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Mari Barnes
- Contact position
Where to go
Easy to access for wheelchairs and buggies. I have a large garden which is next to a large field and the woods.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 4.50 Per Hour 5.00 after school (2 hr minimum) Per Hour
- £2.50 for lunch or dinner.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Has provision
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Immediate vacancies
- 3 under 5 and 3 over 5.
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 0 years to 8 years (spaces available: 6) From 8 years to 11 years (spaces available: 4)
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 07:30 18:00 Tuesday 07:30 18:00 Wednesday 07:30 18:00 Thursday 07:30 18:00 Friday 07:30 18:00
- Offers pickups
- Mawnan Village CE VA Primary School
- SENCo name
- Mari Barnes
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Regular observations and assessments against the EYFS outcomes. Good communications with parents, guardians and advice from outside agencies and professionals if required.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Using the EYFS phases of development through observations and communications from parents and other settings. I keep up to date with relevant training.
- Links we have to other agencies
My own son has additional needs so I have links with outside agencies already through my own personal experience. I can contact outside agencies if the need arises.
- How we support children transferring to school
By records of the child’s development through a learning journey. This learning journey is then passed onto the next setting. I also work very closely with the Pre-School and School and have been to transition days and meetings. Children make daily visits to the Pre-School and School during the dropping and picking up of other children. It is like an extended family.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
I am a qualified Primary teacher and am up to date with Paediatric first aid and current regulations. I have experience working with disabled children and adults. My own son has additional needs.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
Encouraging lots of free play outdoors with the provision of healthy snacks.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Daily diaries and verbal feedback to parents. I also send photos to parents throughout the day.
- Our complaints policy
Encourage parents to speak to me first. I also have a complaints policy.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
I have wheelchair access and double doors for entry. I live in a bungalow which is all one level.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Individual towels, 2 toilets (one of which is lower), 2 travel cots, changing mats and separate bedrooms.
- Specialist resources we have
Sensory garden, trampoline, adventure playground, climbing wall, rubber matting, slide and indoor toys.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
All trips and activites are adapted to children’s ages and abilities.
Last updated: 10/07/2018