Cornwall HypnoBirthing - Antenatal Education
HypnoBirthing is a complete Birth Education Programme, that teaches simple but specific self-hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques for birth.
My Mission Statement
To empower and inspire women (and their partners) to take control of their birthing; to use their body and natural instincts to bring about a safer, easier, more comfortable birthing experience.
HypnoBirthing is much more than just self-hypnosis or hypnotherapy for childbirth. You'll learn how to release the fears and anxieties you may currently have about giving birth, and how to overcome previous traumatic births.
HypnoBirthing lets you discover and experience the joy and magic of birth - rather than the horrific ordeal everyone else seems insistent on telling you about! Most importantly, you'll learn how to put yourself in control of your birth - rather than blindly turning your birthing experience over to your doctor or midwife.
HypnoBirthing doesn't mean you'll be in a trance or asleep. Rather, you'll be able to chat and be in good spirits - totally relaxed, but fully in control. You'll always be aware of what is happening to you, and around you.
With HypnoBirthing, you'll discover that pain does not have to be an accompaniment of labour.
In short, HypnoBirthing allows you to experience birth in an atmosphere of calm relaxation, free of the fear and tension that prevents the birthing muscles of your body from functioning as Nature intended them to.
Here are some of the things you'll learn that are not covered in most antenatal classes:
- Breathing techniques that actually help the birth (and it's not the panting that most people think they have to do. Think about it - why would anyone want to hyperventilate during labour?)
- How to massively reduce the need for any medication
- How to reduce your risk of needing an episiotomy during birth with a stunningly simple massage technique
- How to be confident and informed when dealing with the medical staff - when to question, what to ask and when it's time to let them take charge
- How to release any fears you might have about childbirth - regardless of what they are or where they come from
- How to bring about your own easy labour with these simple, natural techniques, if you go beyond your "estimated due date"
- Most importantly, you'll know how to relax and stay calm and in control - regardless of what's happening around you.
It's for partners too. Instead of your partner being a helpless onlooker, they become a central part of the birthing process, helping you to stay calm and focused on the techniques you've been taught. As a result, the father/partner feels proud to have been able to help and to be an active part of the birth.
HypnoBirthing is designed as a structured but informal format that teaches you about the physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of birth. You'll learn why your body does what it does, as well as how.
Plus, as well as the classes themselves, you'll receive a professionally produced textbook "HypnoBirthing: A Celebration Of Life", affirmations and relaxation tracks, and numerous weekly handouts, all included in the price.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Home Visits/Penrice Birth Centre/Wadebridge Children's Centre
I come to your house and deliver the course in the comfort of the your own home.
I also run the 5 week course at Penrice Birth Centre in St Austell and soon to be running at Wadebridge Children's Centre- please see my website for current course dates.
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Appointments available weekdays and evenings
- Time of day
- Session information
2 hours per session
- Private course is £350
Group course is £250
Payment plans available
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Referral required
Last updated: 02/05/2020