Health Visiting Service - East Cornwall
Please note that the virtual clinic will be finishing at the end of October.
Virtual Child Health Clinics
Commencing week beginning Monday 6th July.
East Health visiting service covers two areas:
- North Cornwall (Locality 5)
- Caradon (Locality 6)
Due to the need to review our service in line with Government directives relating to Covid-19, the Health Visiting and School Nursing Service are currently offering the following level of service:
- Health Visiting - Antenatal contact to those families identified by the Midwifery Service who would benefit from a contact and extra support from the Health Visiting Team
- New Birth Home Visit - We will telephone before we visit to check the family are well. If you have any symptoms of Coronavirus / Covid-19, or you are self isolating, we will perform a telephone review and book follow ups until the end of your isolation period. We will then set a date for a home visit
- Follow up at home - For those babies who need follow up with their weight due to concerns about the babies growth or have a repeat blood spot completed
- Routine Health reviews by telephone (6-8 weeks, 1 year and 2 year reviews)
We will follow up referrals, however this will be done by telephone.
As our face to face child health clinics have been suspended we have organised virtual child health clinics.
Below are the virtual drop in clinics which have been arranged, there is no need to create an account or to log in, just click the link to drop in. This will take you to a secure page where you will be able to see a health professional.
We are trying to run the virtual clinic the same as a face to face clinic therefore you will be seen on a first come first seen basis, so we apologise for the wait. While you are waiting it will say someone in the meeting will let you in soon. In the event of large numbers and you are unable to complete the call please call the Health Visitor and School Nurse Advice line on 01872 322779.
We are using the same platform of Microsoft teams which you may have already used during a virtual contact with your Health Visitor. If you have not used Microsoft Teams before, when you click to join the meeting you may be directed to download the app (which is free) or if using a laptop you can choose to join through the web.
At the end of the clinic we will be asking for user feedback as we are starting these clinics as a trial period – any feedback is good feedback which will help to provide a better service to you.
When you join select ‘join as a guest’. In the name box please write your name and the time you have joined the clinic
eg Faye 10.30 as we need the time in order to make sure we see you in a timely order.
Drop in support clinics:
North Cornwall (Locality 5):
Wednesday - Time 11:00 am - 12:00 pm: JOIN HERE
Caradon (Locality 6):
Tuesday - Time 13:00 pm - 14:00 pm: JOIN HERE
If you need additional support/advice please call the Health Visiting and School Nurse Advice Line using the contact details below.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Health Visiting and School Nurse Advice Line
- 01872 322779