Newquay Library and Information Service
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
The management of Newquay Library and Information Service has transferred to Newquay Town Council as part of Cornwall Council’s Devolution Programme. The devolution programme is helping councils and communities take over local ownership, management and control of services. Cornwall Council continues to support the Town Council to deliver the local service.
There is no free customer parking. The nearest pay and display parking is Manor Road Car Park. Disabled parking is available in Manor Road Car Park.
- Computers with internet access
- Free WiFi available
- Scanning, printing and photocopying (library fees and charges)
- Self Service (staff available to help if required)
- Local newspapers
- The Library subscribes to 'Which' magazine
- National Concessionary bus pass applications are quick and easy to apply for online. If you do not have access to the internet they can be processed Monday to Friday during normal opening hours.
- Citizens Advice Cornwall - Citizens Advice will be opening next Thursday 29th November for drop-in between 10am-1pm. The office will therefore remain closed on Tuesdays. This arrangement will continue until at least the New Year.
- PensionWise visits Newquay Library on Fridays (appointments only). Please ring 0333 3442480 for an appointment.
- Seagull proof bags are available at £3.50 each. The reusable bag will hold three black rubbish bags.
We have a small stock of recycling sacks and boxes available. Recycling bags and boxes can also be ordered direct using the request recycling equipment / recycling containment online form.
- Cash, cheque and card payments are taken during normal opening hours. You can use the links below to make an online payment:
- Pay it - pay your council tax, business rates, parking ticket and more.
- How to pay your council tax
- Council tenants - pay your rent using allpay Payment
Events and activities
- Computer classes for beginners
- Reading groups
- Newquay Readers’ Group meets in the library on the first Friday of the month, 3pm-4pm. Come along for a friendly and informal discussion, tea and biscuits. Each month we cover a new book and we try to provide for all tastes. So, whether you are looking for something new or just want to share your favourite book, come along and join in this free event. All are welcome.
- Newquay U3A Readers’ Group meets on the last Friday in the month from 2pm
- Special events - we have a wide range of events taking place in libraries including author talks, drop-in events and much more. Find out if there are any special events taking place in a library near you.
- Craft Corner - We host a fortnightly Craft Corner for adults at Newquay Library: A drop-in group for adults to knit, crochet, stitch and chat in a friendly environment, FREE! Tea or coffee and biscuits available for a small donation. Every other Thursday 10-11.30am
- Coding Course - for parents and children (primary aged) to learn how to use the Scratch coding program. The course will run for 10 weeks on a Tuesday afternoon between 3:30 and 5pm and began on Tuesday 25 September.
Book Sale - Regular book sales of ex-library stock from the first Monday of every month for one week. Fiction, non-fiction, audiobooks or DVDs available for a small charge.
- Family storytime - Join in with rhymes and songs, listen to stories, get crafty. Every Tuesday at 10.30am-11am (term time only). Little ones up to 4 years old. Free.
- Lego Club Tuesdays during term time 3.30pm-4.30pm for Primary School Age children only (ages 4-11).
- Our homework club runs during term time every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (3pm-5pm) and Saturday (10–1pm). Open to all school age children and is run on a non-supervised drop-in basis. Children are able to use the PC’s for free, free Internet, limited free photocopying and printing. The study area space upstairs is free to use if needed and library assistants are available to help.
- Our Bookstart Rhymetime sessions are free for babies, toddlers and their carers, every Friday 10:30am-11am (term time only). Sing-a-long to your favourite rhymes, make a noise with the instruments, join us for some fun!!! Little ones up to 4 years old, free. Check out the books, sing songs and have a chat.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Newquay Library and Information Service
- TR7 1AF
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Monday to Saturday, 09:30 - 17:00
- Time of day