Little Choughs Nursery
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Situated within the grounds of St Buryan Academy Primary School, 'Little Choughs' offers pre-school provision from 9am - 3pm, Monday - Friday during term time. Our attractive new purpose building flows into our outside play & garden area.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Little Choughs Nursery
St Buryan Academy Primary School
- TR19 6BB
Situated within the grounds of St Buryan Academy Primary School this new and contemporary building is easily accessed through the school playground. Parking is available on the road just off from the school premises.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.75-£4.00 Per Hour
- £4.00 for 2-3 year olds per hour reducing to £3.75 for 3-4 year olds. Funded and non-funded accepted.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- School lunches are available to nursery children but they can bring a packed lunch from home if they wish
- Has provision
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 2 years to 4 years (spaces available: 5)
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 9.00am 3.00pm Tuesday 9.00am 3.00pm Wednesday 9.00am 3.00pm Thursday 9.00am 3.00pm Friday 9.00am 3.00pm
- Offers pickups
- SENCo name
- Mr Mark Butterfield
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Academy based policies and procedures apply to all children in our care. Links with external agencies in place.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Through tracking and observations.
- Links we have to other agencies
Through the Academy links
- How we support children transferring to school
Nursery based in our school grounds and comes under the umbrella of the Academy with Little Choughs registered as pupils in the Academy. Children will interact with the Reception children at times during the week.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Qualifications in Early Years held by the staff and training courses attended where applicable to the age range of the children. First Aid in Paediatric Frist Aid certificates held and regularly updated. Basic Food and Hygiene courses attended. Input from a qualified Early Years teacher who oversees the Little Choughs, working with the Little Choughs' staff on planning and implementation of their curriculum.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
Children with specific medical needs - staff will attend training to meet the child's needs. Admission form details will be given by the parent/carer to any specific medical needs, allergies etc. Medicines stored safely and administered where permission has been given. Healthy eating and exercise as part of Little Chough's nurturing policy.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Regular parental interviews, home/school record and regular conversations with parents/carers. "Open door" policy where parents can speak to Nursery staff.
- Our complaints policy
Complaints policy on our main Academy website. Also available on site.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
It is a brand new building therefore adheres to all regulations. Building is on a level surface and is accessed through the main school playground.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Toilet and hand basin facilities plus additional facilities in main school building.
- Specialist resources we have
An exciting and well-equipped outdoor play area which includes a garden, mud kitchen and climbing apparatus. Access to school hall and sports equipment. Large sports field adjacent to the Nursery building. Mini buses to transport children to places away from the Nursery.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
The Academy owns two minibuses so children can be safely taken on trips etc driven by qualified drivers. Outdoor wet weather clothing provided. Children with specific needs - one to one supervision put in place. Venues assessed to ensure they cater for all children's needs prior to visiting.
Last updated: 28/03/2019