Carne, Mrs Julie
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Registered since 2000, married with 2 children. Own 1 friendly small dog and tropical fish. Can provide funded places for 2, 3 and 4 year olds. Live in a large house with a safe enclosed rear garden with patio area suitable for ride-ons and physical play. I have a wide variety of fun and educational toys to suit all stages of development. I plan sensory activities to engage children's interest and there is plenty of opportunity to do creative activities such as messy play, cooking and gardening.
Great location for children - 2 local play parks close by and woodland walks. I attend local Toddler Groups and a member of Restormel Childminders. I go on many outings with the children and have annual passes to local attractions such as the Eden Project, Heligan Gardens, Newquay Zoo and Dairyland.
I have 18 years experience as a Childminder and use the Early Years Foundation Stage framework as a guidance to help children achieve their full potential. I provide Daily Dairies for babies and Learning Journeys that I share with parents to show their children's progress and achievements.
I attend regular training - courses to date include:-
- CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Childminding Practice
- Child Development
- Paediatric First Aid
- Multi-Agency Child Protection
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Early Language and Communication Development Training
- ECAT Letters and Sounds
- Tuning into Children's Mathematical Learning and Development
- EYFS Training
- Planning Next Steps
- Eating Well for Under 5's
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Julie Carne
- Contact position
Where to go
Near main bus routes to St. Austell, Truro and Newquay
Time / date details
- Session information
- Monday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Tuesday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Wednesday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Thursday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Friday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.00 Per Hour
- Reduction for siblings
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Will cater for most diets if required.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- All children are welcome in our home.
- Welcome all cultures and religions.
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Immediate vacancies
- Contact provider for more details about vacancies.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Tuesday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Wednesday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Thursday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Friday 07:30:00 18:00:00
- Offers pickups
- St Stephen Churchtown Community Primary School
- Any local pre-schools by arrangement.
- SENCo name
- Julie Carne
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Continual observations and assessments against EYFS Development Matters.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
I do an initial assessment when children start my setting and then use a Learning Journey to track children's progress.
- Links we have to other agencies
I have links with nurseries and schools and would be happy to link with other health professionals if required.
- How we support children transferring to school
I help parents with the transition stage and support them. Learning Journeys are provided for parents to share with the school.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Continuously update relevant training and network with other childminders regularly to share advice.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
I promote physical play and have undertaken Eating well for under 5's training.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Daily diaries for all pre-school age children and parents have access to the learning journeys.
- Our complaints policy
Complaints policy in place and shown to all parents. Ofsted poster/phone number on display board.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
None - garden accessible through patio door.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Downstairs bathroom with potty and step.
- Specialist resources we have
I have a range of multi-cultural toys and books at child level.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
All children are included in trips and activities. pushchair and reins on outings.
Last updated: 01/05/2019