Liskeard & Looe Foodbank (Torpoint Distribution Point)
How do we help?
Liskeard and Looe Foodbank is part of a national network of foodbanks, giving out nutritionally balanced emergency food to people in crisis.
12.4 million people in the UK live below the poverty line.
When you have no financial safety net, a sudden crisis, such as bereavement, benefit delay, redundancy or illness, can leave you unable to feed yourself or your family.
Such situations can quickly deteriorate, leading to relationship breakdown, house repossession or worse. Liskeard and Looe Foodbank works to support people who find themselves on the edge of disaster.
Can you help?
- Donate food to the food bank
- Give your time as a volunteer: Help out at one of our supermarket collections. Sort and pack food at the foodbank centre. Help out at our harvest collections.
- Give a financial gift towards our running costs: A one off gift or through a standing order. Alternatively you might want to leave us a legacy through your will.
- Fundraise: Put on an event. Get sponsored - do something exciting!
The foodbank works in partnership with frontline agencies including Citizen's Advice, Job Centre, Doctor's Surgeries, Cornwall Council, Social Services, Schools and many others. It is best to approach the agency best placed to help with your specific crisis - they then assess your situation, offer help and advice; and refer you to ourselves for a foodbox delivery to your home.
Who to contact
- Liskeard & Looe Foodbank (Torpoint Distribution Point)'s facebook page
Where to go
- By Liskeard & Looe Foodbank
St James Church Hall
- PL11 2BD
The Torpoint Foodbank distribution point is providing a 'Delivery Only' service during the present crisis.
Those referred to the Foodbank will have food delivered to their homes.
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- DELIVERY ONLY Monday to Friday 09.00-17.00
- Time / date notes
TORPOINT: There is a further distribution at St James Church Hall in Torpoint open on Monday & Wednesday 10.30-12.30. Vouchers can be redeemed for a minimum of 3 days of food.
- Time of day
- Session information
closed during pandemic - please call 07512 011452
- Referral required
- Referral details
The referral should be carried out by the Agency that is helping you with your particular crisis. If unsure who to contact you can call: 07512 011452.
Last updated: 01/03/2021