Mrs Amanda Beavan
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Ofsted Registered Childminder based in Kilkhampton. Flexible hours. Funded spaces available. I live in Kilkhampton with my husband and three children. I have a level 3 diploma in childcare and have worked in a number of different early years settings. Please take a look at my facebook page- Amanda Beavans Childminding.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Amanda Beavan
- Contact position
Where to go
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 4.50 Per Hour
- Costs include, snacks, drinks and admission to play groups/ soft play. Packed lunch to be supplied by parent's.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Please email for available spaces as things change all the time.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 7.30 5.30 Tuesday 7.30 5.30 Wednesday 7.30 5.30 Thursday 7.30 5.30 Friday 7.30 5.30
- Offers pickups
- Kilkhampton Junior & Infant School
- SENCo name
- Amanda Beavan
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Settling in sessions are available before the child starts so they feel confident when they start, reducing the stress on the child and parents.
As a childminder I will regularly assess the children's development thought observations and track this on a development chart, which enables me to identify and additional needs. There is a legal requirement to do a 2 year assessment check which will also help myself and the parents assess any additional needs, this can be shared with the health visitor.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Small Adult:Child ratios help me know my children's needs well. I would identify and learning and development needs through the observations I do on a regular basis, and then any areas that need additions support I would discuss with the parents and set next steps to support this. If needed outside support would be referred. All the observations are shared with parents in a Journing Journal.
- Links we have to other agencies
Links to other agencies include:
Health Visitors - sharing two year checks.
- How we support children transferring to school
I help children transferring to school in many of ways, to include-
- Becoming independent
- sharing children's assessments
- Working on all areas of the EYFS.
- School runs (helping younger ones become familiar with the school)
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Children emotional well-being
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
I have risk assessments for all activities we do including inside and outside plus outings. I teach the children about road safety, stranger danger and provide healthy snacks and lots of physical activities.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
I provide a daily diary about the child's day, the parents can also write in there about what the child has been doing at home. There is a Learning Journey where all your child's observations are shared with the parents. I also send out a monthly news letter. Pictures are often send also.
- Our complaints policy
This can be viewed at my setting
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
- Facilities we have for personal care
Change table/ Mat, Toilet with hand washing facility.
- Specialist resources we have
low level tables and chairs, high chairs, booster seats etc.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
I have an inclusion and equality policy at my setting. All children are involved in all activities regardless of age or ability. activities are adapted for stage of development.
Last updated: 19/08/2021