Adult ESOL courses in Truro
We offer ESOL classes for adults in the centre of Truro. Our classes are at beginner, intermediate and advanced level and we welcome learners of all nationalities. Our teachers are native English speakers with decades of teaching and teacher training experience in the UK and abroad.
We offer a range of examinations, including:
- Cambridge ESOL - KET, PET, First, Advanced
- City and Guilds Functional Skills English (depending on UK status)
We are also Cornwall's only listed course provider for Trinity Secure English Language Test (SELT) preparation courses for people who are applying to the Home Office for UK Visas.
Come along and learn some English to help with your life and work in the UK! You will meet lots of other people from all over the world, get involved with the community and have some fun on our social programme!
You can find us on Facebook #ESOLTruro
Who to contact
Where to go
- Haven House
- TR1 2UY
Haven House is the business centre for Truro and Penwith College. It is a modern building in the centre of Truro and overlooks the Kenwyn River. Truro bus station is on our doorstep and the train station is about 10 minutes' walk away.
The building has a lift for disabled access and there is a toilet on every floor. On the ground floor there is a café and hair and beauty salon and the shops and attractions of Truro's capital city are just around the corner.
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Monday-Friday daytime only
- Time of day
- Session information
Beginners ESOL: Monday and Wednesday 9.30-12.30
Intermediate ESOL: Tuesday and Thursday 9.30-12.30 and 1.00-4.00
Trinity SELT preparation courses: Monday 1.30-4.30 or Friday 10.00-1.00 on demand
- The cost of your course will depend on your status in the UK but the most you will pay for the general English class is £100 per month. This will be explained in more detail when you come for an interview. to test your level. Cambridge examinations have a separate fee if you decide to take on
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Age ranges
- From 18 years
- Referral required
- Referral details
We continually enrol students all year so please contact us for interview dates.
Last updated: 03/01/2019