Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
I am a fully registered and insured childminder in the village of Grampound Road. I have 7 years experience in various childcare settings. I hold relevant EYFS qualifications with the highest being a Ba Hons degree in Education. I hold a current DBS check, Paediatric First Aid and Safeguarding certificates.
I live with my partner Mark and little girl Ellie. I also have a very friendly dog Rex (Jack Russell X Border Terrier). I have a seperate upstairs playroom full of toys and equipment for all ages and stages of development; including painting, role play, messy play, dancing, gardening and much more!
I have an enclosed garden with hard surface for ride on toys and a patio for picnics. My house is a short distance from the park and local woodland walks. My family are local dairy farmers, so I have access to farm visits!
I charge a flat rate of £4 per hour. Snacks and evening meal is included if required. I ask that children bring a packed lunch.
I can offer funded places for children aged 2, 3 and 4.
I aim to provide a safe, secure and homely environment in a non smoking home.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Emma Roberts
- Contact position
Where to go
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4 Per Hour
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- I am happy to cater for any dietary needs that your children may require. Please make sure I am aware of any allergies.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- All children are welcome in our home.
- I have seven years experience of working in different childcare settings, so I am fully aware of how to promote cultural experiences. I aim to for the children to learn about all cultures and their celebrations.
- Languages spoken
Currently, just english is spoken in our setting.
I do know some makaton.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Immediate vacancies
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 8 5 Tuesday 8 5 Wednesday 8 5 Thursday 8 5 Friday 8 5
- Offers pickups
Summercourt Community Primary School
Grampound Road Village CE School
- These are the schools that I currently drop off and collect from. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require a different school. I begin charging 15 minutes before the pick up/drop off time to allow for travel. A minimum of one hour will be charged.
- SENCo name
- Emma Roberts
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
I regularly observe and assess each individual child to identify any areas where they may need additional support.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
I follow the latest Early Years Foundation Stage which enables areas for development to be identified through observation and assessment. Children's 'next steps' are identified and children are supported to achieve them.
- Links we have to other agencies
Links with other agencies are made when necessary.
- How we support children transferring to school
Children are introduced to early literacy and numeracy through activities. I offer transport to transition meetings at school and am also happy for potential new teachers to visit the setting. I share the child's Learning Journey and assessments with teachers to support a smooth transition.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
I keep up to date with all training courses - paediatric first aid, food hygiene and safeguarding.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
I teach children "good" hygiene from an early age. They understand why it is important to be clean.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Parents are given a daily verbal summary of their Childs day.
- Our complaints policy
My Complaints Policy - Any parent who has a concern about an aspect of the setting's provision talks over, first of all, his/her concerns with the childminder. Most complaints should be resolved amicably and informally at this stage. When the complaint is resolved, it is recorded on a Complaint Record sheet. An agreed written record of the discussion is made, as well as any decision or action to take as a result. All of the parties present at the meeting sign the record and receive a copy of it. Complaints must be responded to within 28 days of the complaint being made. Parents are able to contact Ofsted regarding complaints: Ofsted, Piccadilly Gates, Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD or 0300 123 012331
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Alterations are on going. I currently do not have wheelchair access, but this is currently being planned for the near future.
- Facilities we have for personal care
I have two bathrooms. One upstairs and one downstairs.
- Specialist resources we have
Resources are currently being sourced, due to new registration. I am aware of where to get resources if they are required.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
I like to include all children in activities and on outings. Sometimes this is difficult for school aged children, so I try to save outings for school holidays.
Last updated: 26/10/2018