At ABA Horizons, we believe that every child should have access to Evidence Based services.
We provide [Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)] services to help children on the Autism Spectrum (or likely to be) and other additional needs.
"The goal for early intervention is maximise the potential of your child."
What does this mean? In a nutshell – to help your child understand the world around them, so they’re as independent as possible, and feel more comfortable in it as they grow up.
We have served people on the spectrum across the country, providing services remotely and directly. Our team focusses on home-based ABA Therapy because the home is where children spend the most time. We can however work in the community to help generalise newly learned skills. We also provide services in schools, though this requires your child to have ABA funded on their [EHC Plan].
No matter how or where we work:
- We bring the utmost care, patience, respect, and empathy when working with your child to help them progress.
- We’re acutely aware that the circumstances for every family is different. We do our best to help you access ABA services regardless.
Who to contact
Where to go
We provide ABA programmes to individuals up to the age of eleven with a diagnosis of ASD. We can provide ABA programmes at home, in your child’s school or in the community, at a time that is convenient for you.
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Open Monday to Friday 9am until 8pm
- Time of day
- Session information
We provide ABA programs to individuals on the autism spectrum and/or with other additional needs, usually up to the age of eleven. We can also provide services for children who are likely to be on the spectrum or are awaiting the results of an autism diagnostic. Considering it can take anywhere from 6 months to 2.5 years receive a diagnosis (depending on where you are), and the fact that ABA is undeniably expensive, we appreciate that every individual and their family in need of services, have unique needs and circumstances. This is why we offer a variety of services: to make ABA as accessible to as many people we possibly can.
Before any services are provided, we must assess your child to determine their learner type and recommendation for services. Your child will have a customised program developed specifically for his or her strengths and needs. Our programs are rooted in proven evidence-based research and is incorporated in you child’s learning plans. Our Autism Evaluations are designed with Education Health Care Plans (EHCPs) in mind and includes self-assessments, interviews and observations with a BCBA via Tele-Services:
Tele-Services allow for families to have access to ABA programmes using modern technologies. We have two Tele-Service programmes: Tele-Ed: For advanced learners, or older children, who can learn independently and use a computer or tablet Tele-Guidance: For beginning learners or younger children that can’t yet learn independently.
Direct Services at ABA Horizons involve ABA therapy being provided by a Behaviour Tutor, in person. Supervision is currently provided remotely by a BCBA. Our Autism Evaluation will recommend the number of hours for services, provided by a Behaviour Tutor, your child needs. The supervisor should supervise for at least 10% of tutor hours. Our programmes are typically home-based. Though we can work with your child in the community and the school (EHCP required) to help generalise skills.
- We understand that Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) programs are expensive. We have tried to be as competitive as possible given the current landscape in the UK. Prices detailed here are not set in stone, and we are open to being as flexible as possible, so you can get the services you need. We are working hard with Local Authorities (LAs) and Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) to make access to appropriate services easier, for people and families like yours.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Age ranges
- From 0 years 0 months to 11 years 0 months
- Referral required
Last updated: 04/10/2021