The Brambles Nursery
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We have an outdoor environment enabling the children to free flow easily from inside to out. We are focusing on the outdoors - growing our own flowers, fruit & vegetables with the use of our poly-tunnel and planters. We are continually improving our outside provision and have added a 'wobbly bridge', digging/construction area and a tyre to climb over and crawl through. We have just refurbished our mud kitchen and fairy area and have added an all year round shelter and climbing area in the back garden.
We are able to use the senior school tennis court & 2 sports fields as we are situated on their grounds.
We participate in the local St Pirans Day dance in March, the Lafrowda procession in July and often have a local artist who visits to help us make a withy structure to enhance our theme.
We encourage woodland learning sessions as part of our transition programme.
We are situated in a purpose built eco building that provides a light, warm & airy learning environment. We have good relationships with both Primary & Senior School and have an excellent transition programme with St Just Primary School.
In the Summer Term 2018 we opened another room to accommodate children under the age of 3 years. It has been equipped with age appropriate indoor climbing equipment and toys. They have a garden with a vegetable patch, play house, fairy garden and toy sheds containing ride on equipment and large physical equipment to promote physical development.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Brambles Nursery
Cape Cornwall Road
St Just, Penzance
- TR19 7JX
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.50 Per Hour
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Please enter details including what proof is required for the free or reduced rate
- This is discretionary and circumstances are looked at by the Directors of The Brambles Nursery.
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Our meals are provided on the premises , everything is fresh and cooked daily. We have a 3 week rolling menu which alters termly. Children are able to opt for a cooked lunch on the morning they are attend - it does not have to be pre-booked. Vegetarian options are available daily. The cost is £2.00 for a hot meal and £2.50 including a pudding.
- Has provision
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Vacancies vary each day - please call.
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 0 years to 5 years (spaces available: )
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 8.00 am 6.00 pm Tuesday 8.00 am 6.00 pm Wednesday 8.00 am 6.00 pm Thursday 8.00 am 6.00 pm Friday 8.00 am 6.00 pm
- Offers pickups
- St Just Primary School
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Inspection Date Inspection type Inspection Outcome 14/06/2011 EYR Inspection Good 25/02/2015 EYR Inspection Good 29/06/2017 EYR Inspection Good
- SENCo name
- Rachel Trembath
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
We have tracking systems in place which enable us to track each individual childs progress. We further complete speech and language forms which allow us to further track the development of individual children.
We have a designated SENDCO who attends regular training and local SEN network meetings. Rachel now holds the NASEN certificate in SEN.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
We support each childs needs and development by providing a key worker who works with the childs interests, their parents, other practitioners and plan accordingly. They also complete a learning journal for each child and meet regularly with parents to discuss individual learning and development.
- Links we have to other agencies
Speech and language support.
SEN team for our area.
- How we support children transferring to school
We have an intensive transition programme which has been upheld by local agencies as being of a good standard. There are many events held throughout the year to help support our children as they enter the transition stage for school.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
We are all paediatric first aid and child protection trained and further attend training to underpin areas in which practitioners may feel they need additional training in.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
We encourage our children to eat healthily and have started to grow our own vegetables and fruit which we will further encourage the children to try in our café.
Our daily snacks are healthy with lots of choice of fruit throughout the week.
The school meals provided are healthy and nutritious and teh menu is planned around the requirements of our children. .
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Through formal and informal meetings with parents and through individual learning journals. A half termly newsletter provides parents with up to date information on the 'topic' covered during the term and the activities planned to enable the children to have first hand experiences. Any events being held are also mentioned through the letter or shared on our closed FB page.
- Our complaints policy
We have a complaints policy which is written within our policies booklet.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
As our building was built in 2010 it adheres to the necessary regulations for making our building accessible to all.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Within our building there is a separate shower, a baby changing unit and an accessible toilet.
- Specialist resources we have
We source specialist resources as and when required & appropriate.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
We endeavour to include all children on trips that are age appropriate.
There are always appropriate ratio of children to adults and parents are asked to join us where/when they are able.
Last updated: 03/02/2022