Getting Your Child Ready for School – Education, Rights and Responsibilities
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
This free event for parents and carers is an opportunity to learn more about how to support your deaf child before they start school.
- Finding the Right School
- Ensuring Equality and Inclusion
- Support and Local Services
This event is an opportunity for parents and carers with deaf children who are pre-school age (2-4) to learn more about supporting your child at school and within the home with their communication, to learn about what technology is available and to share tips and experiences with other families of deaf children.
At all of our events, parents and family members will have the chance to meet and talk to other parents about their experiences.
What is this event about?
Topics covered include:
- you and your deaf child – sharing experiences with other families
- language for learning and play – ideas to support your deaf child’s communication – a practical and interactive session addressing areas around communication and early learning
- technology – this session provides the opportunity to discuss and view equipment that may help your child
Who to contact
Where to go
Lanhydrock Hotel & Golf Club
- PL30 5AQ
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Saturday 15 June 2019 10:00 - 16:30
- Time of day
- This event is free, but booking is essential. Please contact Marcella to book your place.
Lunch and refreshments are provided free of charge.
- Age ranges
- This event is for parents and carers of children ideally aged between 18 months and 5 years of age.
- How we make our service inclusive
Please let us know if you need assistance, you can obtain communcation and language support on request. This would include British Sign Language and other language interpreters.
- Staff SEND experience
If you are unable to secure childcare then a creche will be available.
If you child is younger than 18 months please be aware that some of the information may be tailored at slightly older children.
- How our service supports providers / schools / colleges
This event is focused upon transitions to school.
- Support at key transition points
If your child is getting ready for school and you are making choices about their education, you can learn more about your child's rights and how to support them in school at this event.
- Other local or national support
- Resolving disagreements, mediation and making complaints
At the National Deaf Children's Society and Deaf Child Worldwide, we aim to provide a high quality service to all individuals and organisations we work with.
You can view our Complaints Policy here.
If you would like to feedback on our fundraising practices, please contact Supporter Care.