Lucy Applewhite Childminding
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Our primary aim is to work in partnership with you to provide continuity of care in a safe, nurturing, home from home environment. Providing a broad range of learning opportunities through natural play offers an abundance of fresh and exiting experiences for each child. We track children's learning though a secure online platform which allows you to receive instant notifications on your Childs day with us.
Our setting is not only for young children but right up to the age of 13years. We have technology accessible for home work support and have a range of equipment and resources for all ages and stages of development.
Our team offer over 16 years combined expertise in both a nursery, out of school clubs and a home based childcare settings. We are continuously adapting our skills and knowledge to keep up with best practise and pride ourselves on the face that we are always looking to improve so we can offer the best care and opportunities we can.
We offer childcare for children aged 0yrs to 12yrs and have an abundance of experience with special educational needs and disabilities and duel language children.
Open 5 days a week and operate from 6am till 6.30pm (but we are not limited to these times). We are registered for over night care. Pickups and drop offs for the Newquay are available please enquire.
We would like to welcome you to come along and meet our team and have a look round. Please contact us to arrange a time.
We offer flexible government funded places for 2, 3&4 years olds 15hrs and 30hrs term time only and stretched all year round available please call for more info
A few of our qualifications are
12hr mandatory Paediatric First Aid
Safeguarding Disabled children
multi agency Safeguarding children with disabilities
Common Assessment Framework and Team Around Child
Early Years Foundation Stage into practice
Food Hygiene L2
Planning & Observation
Disclosure and Barring Service for all members of staff
Pacey Member and Ofsted Registered
Fully registered Childminder with Ofsted former British Forces Early Years
ICS Diploma in Child Psychology
SEN training (Advanced)
Ofsted registered, DBS checked Assistants who hold a full paediatric first aid certificates and are qualified in childcare and education.
Duel register with co-childminder
Full references available
Who to contact
Where to go
Close to the following amenities
Treviglas Secondary school
Blue School Academy
Trenance learning Academy
Trenanace gardens and park
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4 Per Hour £4ph Before school £4ph Afterschool Club
- Our fees for Under 5years are inclusive of snacks, meals and trips, nappies and wipes and are inclusive of snacks for our over 5years
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Please enter details including what proof is required for the free or reduced rate
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Willing to take necessary steps to educate myself and staff members. All staff have first aid and EPI Pen training. Our training and first hand experience is from intolerance to anaphylaxis.
- Has provision
- I include as many festivities as possible having worked in a multi-cultural Forces camp
- Languages spoken
We try to cater for additional languages by utilising additional outside agencies for support and working in partnership with each family.
English, Swedish, polish, German, French, Spanish, Romanian, Dutch, willing to learn basics of other Languages.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Immediate vacancies
- I am registered for Overnight care
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 0 years to 12 years (spaces available: 6)
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 6.30am 8.30pm Tuesday 6.30am 8.30pm Wednesday 6.30am 8.30pm Thursday 6.30am 8.30pm Friday 6.30am 8.30pm
- Offers pickups
Mawgan-in-Pydar Community Primary School
St Columb Minor Academy
Newquay Junior Academy
Trenance Learning Academy
St Columb Major Academy
- We offer a pick up and drop off service to the Newquay Area with in 2 miles
- SENCo name
- Lucy Applewhite/Childminder
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Comprehensive planning of activities to compliment a child's stage of development
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
We track each individual child's progress in a learning journey and use electronic journals
- Links we have to other agencies
we work closely with the early years team, MARU, Early help hub, paediatricians, nursery, or schools many more please enquire
- How we support children transferring to school
We invite schools to visit our setting and we attend transition meetings. We send each Child's transition reports with them when they start a new school so that they have starting points.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Paediatric first aid, food hygiene, childcare qualifications minimum of a level 2, safeguarding training. We all attend regular training and I complete regular staff supervisions to ensure I highlight areas for professional development
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
We encourage self care and independent learning by encouraging and supporting each child through mile stones
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Through a learning journey book, holding learning journey workshops, sending out termly progress reports and online journals. Daily handovers, sending home communication books. We aim to work in partnership with each family by embracing and including their ideas and views into each weeks planning of activities for each child. We work in partnership with other setting that children attend.
- Our complaints policy
Please visit our setting to read our policy in person.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Fully accessible, large accessible doors and ramped access
- Facilities we have for personal care
Toilets, hand washing, shower room
- Specialist resources we have
We source as required, please visit us to see the range of toys and resources available
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Through planning of activities, risk assessments and prior preparation of equipment needed
Last updated: 10/07/2019