Theobald, Mrs Eve Ann
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
27 years childminding experience
Judged 'Outstanding' at last Ofsted inspection - December 2015
Non smoking household.
Training includes: TAYTEC - looking after children
Introductory Pre-school Playgroups Association Course
HIV Awareness;Special Needs;Epilepsy medication administration.
CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Childminding Practice
Paediatric First Aid
Basic Food Hygiene - Level 2
Educare/NSPCC Child Protection Awareness
Educare/NSPCC Child Protection - Staying Aware
Risk Assessment & Fire Safety
Front garden:Pirate Ship play structure
Back garden: Large decked area, toy shed, sand pit,playhouse, animal corner with, guinea pig & chipmunks.We also have a cat.
Indoors: Individual named pegs, large variety of activities: toys,books, games, crafts.
Outings: regular visits to local parks, local walks, Toddler Groups, library, shopping etc during term time, other attractions and places of interest during school holidays incl. Dairyland, Trethorne, Newmills and Steam Railway, .
Other activities include: Messy play: sand, water, playdough, clay, paint and goo; Arts and Crafts; Cookery; Outdoor play
Who to contact
Where to go
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £3.75 - £4 Per Hour £5 - £7.50 Weekend rate per hour
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Ramp at front door
- Has provision
- Experience with
- As required. Please let me know of any allergies or special requirements.
- Has provision
- Non-discriminatory practice. Please advise of any particular requirements.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
Other furred animal
- Immediate vacancies
- We have places available for children attending St Catherine's school/Nursery All other age groups - Please contact provider for information. WAITING LIST IN OPERATION
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 8 years to 12 years (spaces available: 3)
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 8am 9am Monday 3:15pm 6pm Tuesday 8am 6pm Wednesday 8am 6pm Thursday 8am 6pm Friday 8am 6pm
- Offers pickups
Launceston Community Primary School
St Catherine's CE Primary School
Tregadillett Community Primary School
- We work closely with Smiley Happy People, who collect from some other schools on our behalf. We want to reduce our carbon footprint and help reduce traffic around school, fuel costs, wear and tear on vehicles etc. this has proved to be a great solution. They charge £1.75 per chld, per trip for this service.
- SENCo name
- Eve Theobald
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
I am continually observing and evaluating children to be sure I can support their continued development wherever possible.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
By monitoring their progress continually
- Links we have to other agencies
We will work closely with any agencies, involved in children's care and development, where appropriate
- How we support children transferring to school
To be discussed with parents and school
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
I have worked with children displaying ADHD; Learning & behaviour difficulties; Development delay; Epilepsy; Cystic fibrosis; Cerebral palsy; Autism; & other physical disabilities.
Sometimes this ivolves inclusive care and sometimes it requires 0ne-to-one care.
Care will be discussed with parents and any professionLS INVOVLED.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
All aspects of children's care is discussed with parents/carers to ensure the best care possible is provided, according to their specific needs.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Verbally/in person; via contact books; email; secret facebook page; messenger; letter - whichever suits families best
- Our complaints policy
Complaints can be made in person; in writing; via email
All complaints are taken seriously and every effort will be made to resolve any issues. We aim to resolve any issues no later than 28 days. If no resolution can be agreed - parents are invited to follow official complaints proceedures and will be provided with the appropriate details for this.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
The front step has been concreted into a ramp. The back garden has been decked out on one level - in line with the doorstep.
- Facilities we have for personal care
There is a handrail in the downstairs toilet. A frame is also available and is kept upstairs.
I can adjust/move furniture according to need.
- Specialist resources we have
All resources are available to all children. I will research each individual child's needs, and purchase or borrow additional resources where appropriate.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
This will be discussed with families. Extra time and staff may be needed to ensure all children can access and appreciate the activities and outings on offer..
Last updated: 05/02/2019