Allen, Mrs Karen Linda
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Able to provide funded places for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
Member of PACEY. Member and mentor for Quality Childminding Cornwall group. Graded outstanding in all areas by Ofsted at last inspection (Nov 15)
Attend regular training - courses to date include NVQ 3 Childcare, Learning and Development; ICP, DCP, ECP, Paediatric First Aid, Child Protection Awareness, Birth to Three Matters, Child Nutrition, Child Development, Sing and Sign, SCHEMAS, Food Hygiene, Exploring Cultures, Developmental Co-ordination Disorder, Learning Language and Loving It, CAF, Autism Awareness.
Family environment with large playroom, safe outside play area and many arranged excursions to play groups, beach, woods and local attractions.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Karen Allen
- Contact position
Where to go
Time / date details
- Session information
- Monday : 07:00:00 - 18:00:00 Tuesday : 07:00:00 - 18:00:00 Wednesday : 07:00:00 - 18:00:00 Thursday : 07:00:00 - 18:00:00 Friday : 07:00:00 - 18:00:00
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.50 Per Hour £33.00 Per Day
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- All welcomed - healthy food provided. Member of Little Nippers healthy eating for under 5's scheme.
- Has provision
- All welcomed and diversity celebrated.
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
Other furred animal
- Immediate vacancies
- Please contact provider as part-time spaces may become available.
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 07:00:00 18:00:00 Tuesday 07:00:00 18:00:00 Wednesday 07:00:00 18:00:00 Thursday 07:00:00 18:00:00 Friday 07:00:00 18:00:00
- Offers pickups
- Sandy Hill Academy
- Will consider other schools as well
- SENCo name
- Karen Allen
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Continual observation and assessment against EYFS Development Matters
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Assessment against EYFS Development Matters, regularly attend training sessions to increase my knowledge of how to support children's needs
- How we support children transferring to school
Will support children's transitions by providing clear and detailed assessments and reports for parents to hand on to school. Prepare children for transition to school by making sure they are emotionally prepared and ready for school. Assist in transition sessions to school as school requests.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Level 3 NVQ Childcare, Learning and Development, attend SENCO cluster meetings termly, network with other childminders regularly to share advice.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
Member of Little Nippers healthy eating for under 5's scheme - information given to parents re:healthy eating ideas. Allergies and cultural dietary requirements considered and catered for.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Daily diaries provided for all pre-school age children to let parents know what the child has been doing, what they have eaten, etc. Tapestry online learning journals.
- Our complaints policy
Complaints policy in place and shown to all parents. Ofsted poster/phone number on display board in porch
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
None - garden accessible from 2 sets of double doors to allow outside play opportunities
- Facilities we have for personal care
Normal bathroom/washing facilities. Any extra equipment required will be purchased as required.
- Specialist resources we have
Large accessible playroom with low level play table and varied choice of resources available at child level.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Booster seats at table and buggies for trips. All children encouraged to partake in activities with help provided as required so they can enjoy it and benefit developmentally .
Last updated: 01/03/2019