The Delivery Suite - Royal Cornwall Hospital NHS Trust
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
From 24 March 2020 we will be stopping all visiting to our hospitals, except for:
- end of life (where COVID-19 is not a factor)
- children and neonatal unit – 1 parent at any one time
- maternity – 1 birth partner only.
This is an uncertain and anxious time for everyone who is pregnant or recently had a baby. If you have any queries or questions or need to talk to a midwife please call this number 01872 258000.
We are sorry but you will need to attend scans alone, you may facetime your partner or family members and photos will be offered.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Delivery Suite
Royal Cornwall Hospital
- TR1 3LJ
- Tours can be arranged for women with traumatic previous experience or high levels of anxiety.
- Take a virtual tour
- Non-NHS Care
- Private maternity care isn't available here.
- Breastfeeding accreditation
- Full accreditation
- Find out about the Baby Friendly accreditation
- Neonatal care
- Local neonatal unit (LNU) provides special care for newborn babies in the local area, except for those who are critically ill and need intensive care.
- Food for partners out-of-hours
- Vending machine
- Consultant presence
- Consultants are on the ward 60.0 hours per week (35.7%)
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Monday - Friday (excluding bank holidays) 8am - 5pm
- Time of day
- Referral required
- Referral details
- Entonox (gas and air)
- Morphine sulphate (Oramorph)
- Aromatherapy service
- Bean bags
- Birth balls
- Birth mats
- Dimmable lighting
- Reclining chair
- TENS machine
- Birthing stools
- Other: Aromatherapy gradually being introduced.
- How we make our service inclusive
- Wheelchair access to the wards and delivery suite
- Limited mobility: there are rooms and bathrooms with disabled equipment.
- Hearing problems: interpreters available, loops for hearing impairments.
- Sight problems: an individualised care plan will be made.
Specialist midwifery teams
- Antenatal Screening
- Infant feeding
- Perinatal mental health
- Vulnerable women
- Contact the Patient Advice And Liaison Service (PALS) on 0187 225 2793 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- written text and leaflets in all other languages available.
- Staff SEND experience
- Learning disabilities: learning disability support team and we have a special parenting service.
- Autism spectrum: learning disability support team and special parenting service.