Devon and Cornwall Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) Carers Support Group
We offer support to family carers of those with FTD/PPA and although we have existed for many years we now have a website that provides information and resources to those looking for help in understanding this disease, and which lists our meeting place and dates, alongside the contact details for Regional Facilitators.
We do not offer advice as this is something that only medical personnel should do, but we do offer support as we are all carers of someone with FTD, and may share personal experiences of how we try to manage the particularly difficult behavioural situations that present with someone with FTD or PPA (Primary Progressive Aphasia).
We request that any prospective member reads the information on our website and has had contact with a Regional Facilitator prior to attending any meeting.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Arundell Arms Hotel
- PL16 0AA
We have been meeting approximately every 8 weeks in the Arundell Arms Hotel at Lifton, just over the county border with Devon. The hotel affords us a warm and welcoming venue in a normal social setting.
Please see our website for details.
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Please see our website for dates for this year, normally Thursdays every 8 weeks
- Time of day
- Session information
12:00 to 15:00
- We make no charge for attendance. Members order food and drink and pay for that only.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Please enter details including what proof is required for the free or reduced rate
- There is no need for proof as we do not charge. All that is required is that the prospective member is an adult family carer (not professional carer) of someone with FTD or PPA. We cannot cater for children in our group.
- Referral required
Last updated: 04/02/2020