Allen, Mrs Sophie Eileen
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
I provide a friendly, holistic, caring, child-centred environment for children of all ages. I live with my husband William and our little boy Logan. I offer funded places for 2, 3 and 4 year olds. I have current certificates in first aid, food safety and safeguarding. I am qualified up to Level 6 in childcare, with a degree in Early Childhood studies.
I have worked with children in a variety of settings, from schools and nurseries, to holiday clubs. I use the knowledge I have gained from a variety of settings to provide the best care for the children I look after.
I provide a variety of activities including:
- art and crafts
- outings to local parks, beaches, the library and drop-in sessions.
I provide a child centred, home from home environment based on each child's interests and needs.
My main aim is to ensure children are cared for and have fun!
I can provide overnight care for up to 2 children.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.40 Per Hour £12.00 Afterschool Club
- I provide a morning snack and a light tea for children included in the rates.
I ask parents/carers to provide a packed lunch for children in over lunchtime.
The afterschool session is charged from school pick up until 5.30pm.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Age ranges
- From 0 months to 11 years
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Experience with allergies, intolerance's and cultural preferences.
- Has provision
- I encourage the celebration of other cultures to broaden childrens awareness.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 8.00am 5.30pm Tuesday 8.00am 5.30pm Wednesday 8.00am 5.30pm Thursday 8.00am 5.30pm Friday 8.00am 5.30pm
- Offers pickups
- Tregolls School
- SENCo name
- Sophie Allen
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
I discuss any additional requirements with parents/carers and provide support and activities to meet the child's needs.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Monitoring children's development in the early years through observation and planning. I will work with parents/ carers, the child and appropriate agency to gain extra support if we feel this maybe needed.
- Links we have to other agencies
None at present but happy to work with any that are appropriate if required.
- How we support children transferring to school
Supporting children through drop-ins; settling in sessions when starting school is encouraged.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
I keep my training up to date and have attended safeguarding, observation and assessment, anaphylaxsis, first aid and food safety courses. I have completed a degree in Early Childhood Studies.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
I carry out regular risk assessments and plan activities that promote healthy eating and lifestyles as well as talking about road safety when we are out.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Through daily diaries, learning journeys, verbal communication as well as text and emails when necessary.
- Our complaints policy
I have a complaints policy which I give to each parent/carer.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
We now have a sloped pathway for wheelchair and pushchair access.
- Facilities we have for personal care
The children use their own WC where I provide a potty, toilet trainer seat, step-up stall, paper towels and a nappy changing area.
- Specialist resources we have
I have a range of resources which I use to plan activities for each child.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
I ensure trips are risk assessed and appropriate for the children attending based on their age and individual needs.
Last updated: 19/02/2021