The Valley Nursery School - Holiday Clubs
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We hold holiday clubs every half term, Easter and Summer. We boast a Forest School area, Secret garden and Lodge for the children to experience many different activities.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Valley Nursery School
- TR8 5ES
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- School Holidays
- Session information
- Monday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Tuesday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Wednesday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Thursday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Friday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00
- costs vary depending on age, please contact us for more details.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Ramped entrance
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Vegetarian and gluten free meals available Nippers Level 5 nutrition
- Has provision
- Festivals celebrated in all faiths.
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Tuesday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Wednesday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Thursday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Friday 07:30:00 18:00:00
- Offers pickups
- SENCo name
- Vicki Bramhall and Louise Phillips and Liliana Singleton
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Onsite SENCO, cohort tracker, observations, ECAT monitoring, Process Orientated Monitoring (POMS) sensory room
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Identified through methods as stated above after which our SENCO works closely with children with additional needs and their families and involves the necessary agencies to help support them.
- Links we have to other agencies
We work with SALT. Educational Psychologists, area SENCO, family support, autism workers and peadiatricians.
- How we support children transferring to school
Meetings with schools, transition sessions, visits from school SENCO's, reception teachers and head teachers.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Designated Child Protection Officers, all other staff trained in basic child protection. POMS.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
Parental involvement, advice about services available to them. Network meetings to give parents time to discuss/air issues with other parents and professionals.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Meetings, reviews with Key worker, SENCO and / or DCPO, open days, daily report books and online learning journals.
- Our complaints policy
A written log is kept. Complaints policy is located in the policy file.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Ramped entrances to main building. Hard path to garden areas.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Low level toilets and sinks, separate staff and visitors toilet, nappy changing area and sleep rooms.
- Specialist resources we have
We have worked with specialist equipment to support a child with Cerebal Palsy.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Any trips require all children to be accompanied and taken by their parents/carers.
Last updated: 03/06/2020