The Crypt Pre-School
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We provide a stimulating environment giving the children the oportunity to learn through play. We offer a variety of indoor and outdoor activities. We have an outside area where we grow vegetables and fruit. We provide a range of activities throughout the year covering all areas of learning, including cooking, gardening, creative activities. Activities are also planned from the children week to week.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Crypt Pre-school
St. Mary's Church
- TR11 3PR
The Crypt Pre-school is situated on the premises of St. Mary's Church, Killigrew Street, Falmouth. The pre-school has it's own private entrance and outside area. We also have access to St. Mary's Hall for activities, i.e. Yoga, sport activities and fundraising events if the weather does now allow us to use the outside grassed area.
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £14.00 Per Session £27.00 Per Full Day £5.00 Per additional hour £2.50 Per half hour
- In addition to the charges for each session/full day care attended, there is a charge for snack. The charge is 40p per session, 50p for each full day care.
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- We have good access to our playroom but we have steps to the toilet area.
- Has provision
- We ask for dietary requirements at time of joining & provide food as per individuall needs.
- Has provision
- We are non-denominational & cover all cultures religious festivals and respect individuals religious beliefs.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Please contact The Crypt Pre-school for availability.
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 2/3 years to 4 years (spaces available: 8) From 4 years to 5 years (spaces available: 2)
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 08:30:00 15:30:00 Tuesday 08:30:00 15:30:00 Wednesday 08:30:00 15:30:00 Thursday 08:30:00 15:30:00 Friday 08:30:00 15:30:00
- Offers pickups
- SENCo name
- Theresa Tuffery and Anne-Mare Jenking
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Each child is assigned a keyperson, this ensures that all staff build a relationship with their key children and families. The keyperson observes the child which is linked to the EYFS and identify areas in which children may need extra support and is recorded in a learning journey.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
The keyperson will undertake extra observations and share with the Senco the area which is of concern and discuss resources/activities needed for the child to progress.The keyperson will work with the pre-school Senco, family and discuss how and what needs to be put in place for the child to reach its target.
- Links we have to other agencies
The Senco attends Senco network meetings to keep updated and work closely with the Inclusion team.
- How we support children transferring to school
Primary School teachers are invited to come and meet the children and their keyperson, and to discuss their development. The final assessment record is passed to the parents to agree and sign and then a copy is forwarded on to the primary school. Where needed, we will visit the school with the child to support the child in moving on.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
All staff have attended Senco and behaviour management training, the named Senco, Theresa Tuffery and attends Senco network meetings and repeat the Senco training every two years.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
The Crypt Pre-school is part of the Healthy Under 5's. We support children's health as well as mental and emotional well-being.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
The keyperson is available at all times to discuss their child's progress and how the child is being supported, this is followed up by a termly parent's evening discussing all areas of learning and well-being.
- Our complaints policy
We believe that children and parents are entitled to expect courtesy and prompt, careful attention to their needs and wishes. All complaints are taken seriously and if the complaint does not get resolved with the Manager or involves the Manager, the committee will be notified and may be involved. Ofsted are also informed.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
The Crypt is part of St Mary's Church, we provide level parking and access to the pre-school and outside play area.
- Facilities we have for personal care
We have two toilets and one nappy changing unit. The toilet area has one adult sink and one child level sink. From the playroom to the toilets there are three steps where a ramp could be put in place for wheelchair access.
- Specialist resources we have
We provide a variety of resources to meet children's needs and extra resources can be borrowed through the children, schools and family team.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Each individual child needs are assessed and we aim to include all children where possible.
Last updated: 19/11/2019