Kernow Carers Service - For Adults
COVID 19 Support:
Kernow Carers Service are offering the following support for carers;
- Access to a Carer Support Coordinator Mon-Fri, 12pm-1pm on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Kernowcarersservice
- On the day call back service for carers who contact the Access Team and are in need of priority support. Access Team can be contacted on 0300 1234 131
- Carers are being contacted via email, phone or letter and signposted to information that will help them access support in their local area if they are being affected by isolation.
- Carers Assessments will continue to be available via telephone.
- Referrals continue to be taken via the Family Information Service helpline number or email address 0800 587 8191 firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for those who care
This service was previously called 'Cornwall Carers Service'.
- advice and guidance
- the opportunity to meet with a Carer Support Worker
- assistance finding support for you and the person you care for (this could be via a Carers Assessment)
- information about benefits
- someone for you to keep in touch with and talk to
- help planning for the future
A carer helps to look after another person who is not able to manage alone. You could be supporting a partner, parent, child, relative, friend or neighbour who is affected by age, disability, physical or mental health problems or substance misuse.
Kernow Carers Service is here for all of Cornwall’s unpaid carers.
If you would like to talk with a support worker, please contact the Kernow Carers Service helpline to make a request.
Who to contact
- Referral required
- Referral details
To talk with a carer support worker, call the Kernow Carers Service helpline to make a request.