Tiggers Too! Day Nursery
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We are an independent and private nursery who welcomes all children aged from birth up to 5 years old. We are split into four age groups in three separate rooms, each with large, spacious outdoor areas that we spend a lot of time in, come rain or shine! All of our practitioners are highly qualified, enthusiastic and friendly ensuring that the care, learning and development that your child receives is at it's highest at all times.
We offer a range of learning opportunities through fun, play based and varied activities such as weekly outdoor learning sessions, weekly music sessions, messy/sensory exploration and so much more.
We are open all year round, Monday - Friday from 7.30-6pm, closing for just the bank holidays and the Christmas period.
We accept 2, 3 & 4 year old government funding and all workplace childcare vouchers schemes.
We are lucky to have our cook, Gail who cooks delicious, fresh homemade meals for our children following the Healthy Under Five's Programme. Being awarded their top level of 5 enables us to ensure that the meals we provide are healthy, balanced and nutritious. We can also cater for all dietary requirements and allergies. All of our snacks and lunches are included in our daily rates, apart from funded children.
If you would like to come and visit us and see the nursery, then please call us to arrange an appointment.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Tiggers Too Day Nursery
The Old A30,
- TR4 8EY
- Large car park
- Secure Key coded entrance
- All on one level
Time / date details
- Session information
- Monday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Tuesday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Wednesday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Thursday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00 Friday : 07:30:00 - 18:00:00
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £43 Per Day £175 Per Week
- Age ranges
- From 0 years 3 months to 5 years
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Partial access
- Has provision
- Experience with
- As per individual child
- Has provision
- Experience with
Multi cultural training
All children are welcome in our home.
- We accept support and guidance from parents
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Immediate vacancies
- Contact provider for details
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Tuesday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Wednesday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Thursday 07:30:00 18:00:00 Friday 07:30:00 18:00:00
- Offers pickups
- SENCo name
- Wendy Kabasele
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
- Entry assessments
- Regular ongoing observations and assessments (including 2 Year Checks)
- We have a good key-person system where we aim to build good relationships and information sharing with parents/carers and other professionals
- Setting SEND-CO support
- Support from the Local Authority
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
- Through regular assessments and learning journal updates
- Using tracking and progress monitoring IEP’s (Individual Education Plans)
- We plan appropriate activities relevant to each individual childs needs
- Two year checks
- Links we have to other agencies
- Local Authority
- Early Years inclusion team
- Speech and Therapy Services
- Children centres
- Physiotherapists and Occupational therapists
- Hearing Support Team
- Visual Impairment Services
- How we support children transferring to school
We invite teachers to visit the children at our setting and meet their key person who will be attending their school. We also provide support in arranging visits to school. We transfer records and share relevant information with professionals.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
- SENDco training
- Behaviour management training
- Sensory processing (Making sense)
- Safeguarding/Child Protection
- Emotion Coaching
- Baby Massage
- Using Visual aids
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
- Key person system
- Cosy/quiet area in every room
- 2 year reviews
- Risk Assessments
- Nippers Nutrition Level 5
- Regular newsletters and information sharing
- Parents evening
- Change for Life information
- Highly qualified and experienced practitioners who encourage, teach and role-model good practices
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
We have an open door policy and parents are welcome to talk to their child’s key person or a member of staff whenever they wish to. letters, information board, emails daily ‘informal’ feedback as well as an annual parents evening. Telephone calls. Policies and learning journals are always available. Weekly emails.
- Our complaints policy
We follow statutory guidelines and procedures which can be found in our Complaints Policy which is available upon request.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Our main building which caters for under 2's is on one level and our 2 year old room has wheelchair access, we are currently looking into making our pre-school room wheelchair accessible.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Private nappy changing area available to all ages.
Visual sequencing strips for toilet and hand washing routines.
Individual toilets for children and staff.
Cot room for babies and sleep areas for older children.
All staff are DBS checked.
- Specialist resources we have
We can accommodate any resources provided by Health and Social Care teams.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Staff:child ratio on trips 1:2 Parent volunteering Careful planning.
Last updated: 06/06/2019