Mina Jenkin Childcare
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We are a childminding service based in Threemilestone, Truro offering a safe, secure and stimulating environment for children aged 3 months-11years.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Mina Jenkin
- 01872 279019
Where to go
- Mina's Childminding
- TR3 6SP
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.30 Per Hour
- £4.30 per hour per day per child
£2.00 per hot meal provided per day per child
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
- Immediate vacancies
- Date updated
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 7.30am 5.30pm Tuesday 7.30am 5.30pm Wednesday 7.30am 5.30pm Thursday 7.30am 5.30pm Friday 7.30am 5.30pm
- SENCo name
- Mina Jenkin
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
We observe the children each day that they attend the setting and if we feel there is a cause for concern we would make note of their actions/behaviour and then report it to the appropriate people.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
We identify by observing each child individually and supporting them on a one to one basis in area that they may struggle.
- Links we have to other agencies
- How we support children transferring to school
We support them by taking them to the local school for settling in days and talking to them about whats going to happen when they go to school, we also have a book that we read to them about transitioning to school.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
All of our staff have the appropriate training that they require to be in the setting.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
We allow the children to be go outside for at least 30 minutes each day, and if the weather is terrible we do 30 minutes of wake and shake and indoor activities.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
We verbally tell them and also we use EyLog for their observations and wow moments.
- Our complaints policy
As registered childminders, we aim to work in close partnership with all parents to meet the needs of their children.
If there is any aspect of our service you are not happy with please bring it to our attention and we will make every effort to resolve the issue through frank and open discussion. You can put the complaint to me verbally or, if you prefer, formally in writing or by email. (email@example.com)
If a complaint is brought to our attention we will notify Ofsted within 14 days of the complaint being made.
It is a condition of our registration to investigate all written complaints relating to the requirements of the early years foundation stage and we will notify the complainant of the outcome within 20 days receipt of the complaint.
For impartial advice, you can call pacey information line on 0300 003 0005
We will keep a written record of all complaints and their outcome for at least two years. We maintain confidentiality but will provide Ofsted, on request, with a written record of all complaints within a specified period and the action taken as a result of each complaint.
We record the following information:
- The name of the person making the complaint
- The early years foundation stage requirement(s) to which the complaint relates
- The nature of the complaint
- The date and time of the complaint
- Any action taken in response to the complaint
- The outcome of the complaint investigation (for example, ways the service has improved)
- Details of the information and findings that were given to the person making the complaint, including any actions taken.
If the complaint cannot be resolved or if the complaint is of a serious nature and you feel you cannot discuss it with me you should contact Ofsted on 0300 123 1231 or contact them via writing to: Ofsted national business park, royal exchange building, St. Anne’s square, Manchester, M2 7LA.
Ofsted produces guidance on concerns and complaints about childminder’s and childcare providers. This is available on the Ofsted website and provides guidance on the complainants right to contact Ofsted.
Date policy was written: July 10th 2017
This policy is due for review on the following date: six months
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
I am currently in a wheelchair, so ramps have been put in places so i can access the playroom and also the outside area.
- Facilities we have for personal care
We have a bathroom as we are a home based childcare.
- Specialist resources we have
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
By making sure we alternate what days we go on trips or do activities so that all children get the opportunity to go out and join in.
Last updated: 01/04/2019