Bennett, Mrs Charlotte
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
27 years experience working with children, including 5 years at a day nursery, 3 years as a pre-school leader and 17 years as a childminder.
Food hygiene certificate
Paediatric First Aid certificate
Good Ofsted report.
I offer a wide range of toys and activities for children of all ages in a secure, calm & caring environment. Every child is encouraged to play, explore and learn according to their age and ability, whilst feeling safe and valued as individuals.
I have a secure, enclosed garden for outside play and exploring. Climbing frame, slide, ride on toys, sand and water play.
We regularly attend toddler groups, and go on outings to various parks, National Trust gardens and other places of interest.
I have 1 well behaved cat!
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Charlotte Bennett
- Contact position
- Registered Childminder
Mobile: 07709 921317
Where to go
All main bus routes to and from Helston.
Time / date details
- Session information
- Tuesday : 08:00:00 - 17:45:00 Wednesday : 08:00:00 - 17:45:00 Thursday : 08:00:00 - 17:45:00 Friday : 08:00:00 - 17:45:00
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.25 Per Hour
- £4.25 Per Hour
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Can be provided on request.
- Has provision
- All religions and cultures are respected. Equal opportunities policy.
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Immediate vacancies
- 1 vacancy available immediately (tues-fri) 2 vacancies available from September (tues-fri)
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 0 years to 5 years (spaces available: 2)
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Tuesday 08:00:00 17:45:00 Wednesday 08:00:00 17:45:00 Thursday 08:00:00 17:45:00 Friday 08:00:00 17:45:00
- Offers pickups
- SENCo name
- Charlotte Bennett
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
I do regular observations as the children are playing and joining in activities so i am able to build a developmental picture on each child. I will then be able to identify any areas that may require additional support and also to create next steps for each child to progress in their development.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
These are identified by watching, interacting and regularly observing the childre and, following the EYFS guidance. I plan appropriate activities and outings and really get to know the children in my care.
- Links we have to other agencies
I have contact details of local health visitors and social workers and i'm a member of Quality Childminding in Cornwall.
- How we support children transferring to school
We practise skills that are very important when starting school, especially independance and confidence; getting changed, toilet needs, putting shoes on and also asking for help if needed. We will have stories about starting school and will chat about it together, encouraging the children to share their experiences of a school visit. I encourage parents to share the learning journey with the childs teacher.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
I ensure my child protection and safeguarding training is up to date.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
I risk assess my setting regularly and for every outing we go on. We are always discussing safety when out and about, eg. crossing the road, staying close, holding hands, helping each other on play equipment. There are always healthy snack choices.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Daily communication before and after the session.Regular photos and messages sent with the parents permission to see what their child has been doing each day. Sharing learning journeys and assessments termly.
- Our complaints policy
I have a detailed complaints policy that can be viewed on request.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
My house does have a step up to the front door and unfortunately there is no room to fit a wheelchair or large buggy along the drive past the car due to the location of my house.
- Facilities we have for personal care
I have a downstairs cloakroom for the childrens use, with potty, toilet seat and stool for the basin.
- Specialist resources we have
Specialist resources could be sourced if necessary.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
I plan all trips and activities to include all children of all ages and learning abilities. I havea detailed inclusion policy which can be viewed on request.
Last updated: 11/07/2019