Wendy Butterfield Monster Minders
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We run a large happy family where everyone is encouraged to develop to their full potential.A happy child is a healthy child.
All children are encouraged to take part in all activities,we try to provide an enabling environment which is welcoming to everyone.It is essential that parents feel they are getting the best for their children and this is what we try to achieve,while providing flexible care.
i have been childminding for nearly thirty years and have extensive knowledge of children including those with special needs. At present I employ my daughter,who is also registered as a childminder,and three,very well qualified assistants all of whom work well together as a team and have tremendous empathy for the children in our care.
We are lucky to have two large garden areas and an indoor heated swimming pool all of which are used by the children and also their families. The children are taken to school and back, younger children walk to school in the afternoons to collect the school age children. We often visit the local park and go on outings at least two days a week to the Eden project, Newquay zoo, Tehidy woods, Jungle Jacks etc..
The setting is closed on bank holidays, two weeks at Christmas, may half term and the week before August bank holiday weekend.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Wendy Butterfield
- Contact position
- 01872 573182
Where to go
- Monster Minders
- TR4 9NW
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type 4.50 Per Hour
- We charge £1 each for lunch and evening meal.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- we will respect the dietary needs of all our children.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- All children are welcome in our home.
- we look after several mixed race children and have had numerous children with english as a second language.
- Languages spoken
We actively encourage makaton with our under fives.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Other furred animal
- Immediate vacancies
- Variable times available - please call for current availability
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 7am 7pm Tuesday 7am 7pm Wednesday 7am 7pm Thursday 7am 7pm Friday 7am 6pm
- Offers pickups
- Goonhavern Primary School
- Goonhavern Pre-school
- SENCo name
- wendy butterfield
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Observation and discussion with team members and parents.
We use tapestry to monitor the progress of all under fives.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Observation, monitoring and aid from outside agencies, parental and medical advise.
- Links we have to other agencies
We work closely with the pre-school and any professionals involved with the children.
- How we support children transferring to school
We take all the children to collect the older children from school and pre-school so that they are very familiar with the school also we ensure that they go to activities at the school and all introductory days.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
21 years experience with children with additional needs
Moving and handling.
Epilepsy training and use of Madazalin
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
We encourage healthy eating, outside play,fresh air and indoor and outdoor activities,we try to swim every child once a week.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
We discuss children with their parents on a daily basis,have learning journey's and individual daily diaries. where necessary
- Our complaints policy
Our policy is in -line with Ofsted recommendations and available for parents to read.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Full ramped access to large extension.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Changing room,toilet off play room.
- Specialist resources we have
Heated indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
We ensure all activities are compatible with everyone.
Last updated: 01/02/2019