Giggles Childcare, St. Columb Major
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Giggles Childcare is a childminding service based in St. Columb Major with before and after school clubs, day care & holiday (half term/summer holidays) Club. Children's ages are from 6 months -10 years old. We accept 15/30 hours funding plus most voucher schemes. we are open 5 days a week 7:45-6 pm.we have a large garden area, outdoor toys and a purpose built 30ft playroom.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.50 minimum for 4hours Per Hour £45 8am-6pm inc. Snacks Per Day £7.50 7:45am-8:45am inc Breakfast Before school £8 per hour Per Bank Holiday £6 per hour Afterschool Club
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Experience with
- My son is lactose intolerant and is in my care when Giggles is open.
- Has provision
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Immediate vacancies
- Before school spaces available 0-5 years 1 space per day available After school spaces available
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 0 years to 5 years (spaces available: 1) From 5 years to 8 years (spaces available: 2) From 8 years to 11 years (spaces available: 2)
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 7:30am 6pm Tuesday 7:30am 6pm Wednesday 7:30am 6pm Thursday 7:30am 6pm Friday 7:30am 6pm
- Offers pickups
- St Columb Major Academy
- Major Steps Childcare & Pre-School
- SENCo name
- Kirsty Hopgood
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
We work with the early years help hub plus keep in contact with health visitors and our parents closely to ensure we can provide the best possible care for each child’s individual needs.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
by making termly and half termly assessments on each child. ask for parent input on assesments. Follow the EYFS and Keep close links with the early help hub.
- Links we have to other agencies
We have had a couple SENCO visits to the setting with SALT.
- How we support children transferring to school
We arrange visits with teachers to come and see the children in the setting. I meet the teacher to do a hand over then myself, parent and teacher all come together.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
I have a special educational needs training. Some of my ladies have experience in working on a 1:1 basis in a nursery setting and personal family experience.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
Healthy eating, hygine routines, eating with the children, toileting, potty training
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Daily diaries, summertive assessments, open days, parents evenings, online diaries
- Our complaints policy
Complaints Policy and Procedure
Giggles Childcare is committed to having high standards of care and working in close partnership with parents to meet the needs of their children. Maintaining good communication between both parties will aid this. Staff expect that parents will immediately attention to any aspect of our service they are not happy with so that every effort can be made to resolve the matter. Parents can make a complaint to staff verbally, or in writing. A written record of the complaint will be made.
All written complaints will be investigated relating to the fulfilment of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage and/or the Childcare Register. I will notify the complainant of the outcome within 28 days of the receipt of the complaint.
You can complain or compliment my service to Ofsted by calling:
0300 123 1231
Or you can write to:
Applications, Regulatory and Contact (ARC) Team
Manchester M1 2WD
The manager, Kirsty Hopgood, will:
- Investigate all complaints and notify the complainant of the outcomes of the investigation within 28 days.
- Keep a written record of all complaints and their outcome for at least three years. Confidentiality will be maintained but, as required, Ofsted will be provided with, on request, a written record of all complaints within a specified period and the action taken as a result of each complaint.
The following information will be recorded:
- The name of the person making the complaint.
- The Early Years Foundation Stage requirement(s) or Childcare Register requirements to which the complaint relates.
- The nature of the complaint.
- The date and time of the complaint.
- Any action taken in response to the complaint.
- The outcome of the complaint investigation (for example, ways the service has improved).
- Details of the information and findings that were given to the person making the complaint, including any action taken.
If the complaint cannot be resolved or if the complaint is of a serious nature and the complainant feels they cannot discuss it with staff, they can contact Ofsted on 03001 231231.
Ofsted produces guidance on concerns and complaints about childminders and childcare providers. This is available on the Ofsted website and provides guidance on the complainant’s right to contact Ofsted.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
Wide door ways, access front and back entrance.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Toilet area. Nappy area.
- Specialist resources we have
Sensory toys, Makaton trained staff and would access additional equipment/resources if required
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
We ask for childs personal car seats, buggies etc.
Last updated: 31/10/2018