Caresta Ltd, trading as West Cornwall Care
As a small local business, we offer a personal Domiciliary Care service in the community for adults over the age of 18 years, where quality individual care in your own home is paramount.
As a long established family run private care provider in the area, West Cornwall Care has been providing a service in the community since 1987, for 35 years. West Cornwall Care delivers high-quality care and support. To promote a positive culture that is person-centered, open, inclusive and empowering.
Our Service Users, their Carers and Representatives are enabled to make or participate in making decisions relating to their care or treatment. We pride ourselves on treating our Service Users with consideration, kindness, dignity and respect in accordance with the Equality Act to achieve outcomes that promote a good quality of life.
As a recognised provider of care, we are registered with the Care Quality Commission being compliant with all regulations as per the Care Act 2014 and an approved provider.
West Cornwall Care provides services for:
- Adults aged 18 - 65
- Adults aged 65+
- People with physical disabilities
- People with sensory loss, including those with dual sensory impairment
- People with Dementia and associated conditions
- Personal or family Carers
Who require help with:
Personal Care Services
- Help with bathing and washing
- Assist with dressing
- Provide grooming – brushing hair and shaving
- Help with incontinence care
- Assist with eating
- Monitor and record food and fluids
- Monitoring and recording skin integrity
- Dementia care
- Alzheimer's care
- Organise prescription deliveries
- Provide assistance with medication.
- Assistance to get out of bed in the morning, with or without equipment as appropriate.
- Assistance to get into bed in the evening, with or without equipment as appropriate.
Home Help Services
- Assistance with preparing meals and drinks.
- Helping Service Users’ to meet dietary requirements.
- Check food expiry dates
- Prepare shopping lists
- Help with general shopping
- Collect prescriptions
- Household tasks such as Dusting and vacuuming
- Help with washing and ironing
- Making beds and changing bed linen
- Organise wardrobes and cupboards
- Take out rubbish
- Supervise home maintenance
- Oversee home deliveries
- Care for houseplants
- Assist with pet care
- Drop off and collect dry cleaning
- Offer companionship and conversation
- Arrange appointments
- Help with travel arrangements
- Stimulate mental awareness
- Escort to appointments
- Assist with clothing selection
- Assist with entertaining
- Help with reading
- Participate in hobbies and crafts
- Buy magazines, papers and books
- Rent and play films
- Plan visits, outings and trips
- Visit neighbours and friends
- Accompany to lunch or dinner
- Attend plays or concerts
- Attend club meetings and sporting events
- Record family history
- Discuss current/historical events
- Reminisce about the past
Our Care Staff receive specific training in areas such as Administration of Medications, Safeguarding of Adults, Moving and Handling, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, First Aid at Work, Infection Control, Nutrition and Hydration, Equality and Diversity, Fire Safety, Mental Capacity, Dementia Care. Additionally our Carers are given the opportunity to train in Colostomy Care, Catheter Care, Tissue Viability, Continence, Carer Awareness, Stroke pathway, Person Centered Thinking, Disability Confident and Self Directed Support following our continuing professional development plan from the first day of employment to ensure our staff deliver care to the highest of standards.
West Cornwall Care work symbiotically with our other professionals such as the District Nurses, Community Matron, GP’s, Dementia Nurses, Mental Health Teams, Occupational Health, Community Falls Team etc to provide a joined up service.
Services we don’t provide are:
Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Respite Care, Nursing Care and care for Children and under 18’s.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Zoe Perkin
- Contact position
- Owner/Registered Manager
- 01736 333177
Where to go
- Office 8, St Erth Business Park
west cornwall care
office 8 st erth business park
- TR27 6LP
Directions: West Cornwall Care can be easily found at the old creamery just off the A30 at St Erth roundabout, Hayle.
Visiting: Our suite of offices at St Erth Business Park are spacious.
Parking: West Cornwall Care has a large adjoining easily accessible car park.
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Office hours Monday to Friday from 9am - 5pm, out of which an on-call service operates.
- Time of day
- Session information
West Cornwall Care have a minimum visit time of half an hour
- Age ranges
- From 18 years to 0 years
- Referral required
- Referral details
West Cornwall Care provide care for anyone requiring assistance over the age of 18+ whether via Social Services, Health or Privately funded.
Last updated: 01/06/2022