Memory Matters Workshop - Newquay
We provide highly enjoyable weekly social groups based on cognitive stimulation therapy (CST), shown to improve memory, thinking skills and well-being.
Founded by Laura and Kate in 2010, Memory Matters has evolved from a small non-profit supporting people experiencing dementia to a respected front runner in advocating for and providing quality evidence-based therapy. With the support of a dedicated team who share the Memory Matters ethos, the two nurses created, developed and launched Memory Matters Workshops. All their work is based on the Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) principles which are proven to slow the progress of dementia and increase people's quality of life.
The fully-funded workshops reach out and support people and introduces a social environment of 2 hour workshops across locations in Cornwall. The workshops are led by our trained ‘Memory Matters Facilitators’ who are dedicated to helping you to Live Well with Dementia.
- Boost confidence and offers an environment where you aren't the only one going through this; you're not alone.
- Are proven to slow the progress of dementia through Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST).
- Provides an informal, supportive and safe environment to meet like-minded people, and new friends.
- Our beneficiaries share common everyday difficulties with others who really understand and may be experiencing the same feelings and worries. The groups help each other and give a little back in supporting each person's unique experience with dementia.
Memory Matters offers you the support, tools and solutions to be able to Live Well with Dementia.
We offer workshops at numerous locations across Cornwall.
If interested please complete this online form
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Memory Matters SW CIC
Please use referral form at bottom of page
01752 243 333 Head Office ( Monday- Friday)
- Memory Matters Workshop - Newquay's facebook page
- Memory Matters Workshop - Newquay's twitter page
Where to go
- Govenek, Newquay
- TR7 1JR
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Time of day
- Session information
10am to 12pm
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type FREE
- Referral required
- Referral details
- Mild to moderate dementia
- Independent with personal care needs
- Wishes to attend
Last updated: 01/06/2022