The Wellbeing and Autism Wheel
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
The Wellbeing and Autism Wheel is designed to assist parents in finding helpful services and resources for their child, who may be on the Autistic spectrum or have a similar condition.
This Wheel has been created in partnership with the NHS, Autistic Spectrum Disorder Assessment Team, Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists. It is being developed as a new centralised point of information, advice and guidance for professionals, parents, carers, children and young people. It has been created in response to feedback from families, professionals and young people when they were consulted as part of Cornwall's Autism Strategy.
How can it be used?
- Create an individual plan based upon your child's needs
- Browse over 150 resources providing practical activities to try at home, school ad in the community
- Share with professionals as evidence of what you have tried and how you have been supported in your journey so far
- Find out about the ins and outs of an assessment, including the initial referral process and how a diagnosis is made
- See the support available both with and without a diagnosis and find services that can support your child today
- Find out what is available to support parents and carers
You can find out about:
- Autism and similar conditions
- Support parents and carers
- Early years support
- Help at school
- Hearing, sensory, sleep, daily living skills
- Friendships and relationships, understanding emotions, communication and interaction, non-verbal communication
- Mental health, challenging behaviour, transitions
- Autism referral and assessment
- Support after diagnosis
- Financial support
Who to contact
- 0800 587 8191
Where to go
- SEND Local Offer
- PL25 5DR
- How we make our service inclusive
If you struggle to use the wheel, you can access the full list of documents here:
Please call 0800 587 8191 if you would like our service to find documents on your behalf, we can post them to you in a more accessible format.
- Staff SEND experience
The wheel was created with professionals from ASDAT, who are involved in the diagnosis of children with Autism and similar conditions. All documents within the wheel are usually only accessible within an assessment setting and have been produced by professionals to be used at home.
- How our service supports providers / schools / colleges
The wheel has been designed to be used by parents and professionals. We encourage professionals working with children to use the wheel to create a plan for any needs that the child may wish to work on themselves. It is an excellent way to track progress and provides information for a variety of topics including managing school life and mental health.
- Support at key transition points
There is a large area of the wheel dedicated to transitions, from pre school all the way up to university. This allows parents to build an informed idea of what to expect at each key transition point.
- Other local or national support
The information provided is nationally recognised and created within an NHS diagnostic setting. It has been approved by UK NHS medical professionals.
- Resolving disagreements, mediation and making complaints
Please contact email@example.com with any suggestions for improvement.
We follow Cornwall Council's complaints procedure, which can be found here: