Chapman, Mrs Heidi Jane
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Ofsted Outstanding early years education, care and development in a home based family setting on the edge of Bodmin. Accredited to receive funding for nursery education. High quality family run setting. Passionate about imaginative play and creativity, engaging with the outdoors and connecting with nature and the seasons.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Heidi Chapman
- Contact position
Where to go
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £5.25 Per Hour
- 1-15 hours per week charged at £5.25 p/h.
16-30 hours per week charged at £5.00 p/h
31+ hours per week charged at £4.75 p/h
Payment monthly in advance by bank transfer. Monthly fees calculated at time of contract and split equally over 12 months.
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- Has provision
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- Currently two full time spaces (0-5yrs) various part time options. Term time only. Please ring for details. Funded nursery places available.
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 0 years to 5 years (spaces available: 2)
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 07:30 17:30 Tuesday 07:30 17:30 Wednesday 07:30 17:30 Thursday 07:30 17:30 Friday 07:30 17:30
- Offers pickups
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School - Bodmin
- SENCo name
- Heidi Chapman
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Continuous observation and assessment process, tracking results against EYFS development guidance.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
Working closely with parents and carers to ensure they are well informed of their child's current interests, stages of development and routine. Strong relationships enable information to be exchanged freely and openly.
- Links we have to other agencies
Partnership working with local health visiting team, social services and local primary schools and nurseries.
- How we support children transferring to school
Transition meetings and visits to the new settings, taking photos to enable children to discuss and revisit the experience with their familiar carers. Detailed learning records are shared of each child's progress providing a solid background to the child's learning journey and preferences.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
Happy to attend relevant courses if required
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
I provide a mixture of indoor and outdoor play opportunities, with an awareness of current early years daily physical activity guidelines. Walking is a part of everyday, healthy eating is promoted and being hands on growing our own fruit and vegetables only encourages this.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Daily contact with parents both written (daily diary) and verbal. Learning journals and regular learning and development summaries where each child's progress is measured against EYFS.
- Our complaints policy
Complaints policy available on request.
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
We have sloped access to the front door.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Own potty, change mats, bedding, towels, face cloth, combs etc. However currently our only bathroom is upstairs.
- Specialist resources we have
We have a huge selection of indoor and outdoor toys, games and books. Books in different languages, toys promoting cultural diversity and promoting equal opportunities
All children are able to play with all toys. No toys are exclusively for boys or girls.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
All trips, excursions and outings are fully risk assessed ensuring they are suitable for all based on each child's ability, age and stage of development.
Weather need not prevent access as we have a large selection of waterproof suits, trousers and wellies, hats and gloves just in case someone forgets to bring theirs.
Last updated: 10/10/2019