Little Saints, St Petroc's
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Part of The Saints Way Multi-Academy Trust and St Petroc's CE Primary School
We offer pre-school education and care to children aged 3 and 4 years. Full and part-time spaces available from September 2017.
We are situated on the grounds of St Petroc's School in a purpose-built classroom with access to all school facilities. We offer weekly Forest School sessions. We follow the EYFS curriculum. Highly qualified and experienced staff.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Little Saints St Petroc's
- PL31 1DS
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.16 Per additional hour
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- All areas and disabled toilets.
- Has provision
- We have an allergies list to which the staff refer when shopping, preparing or cooking with food. We work closely with the Catering Manager to ensure a wide range of locally sourced foods. We are able to cater for all dietary requirements. We follow the Nippers Nutrition Programme.
- Has provision
- Experience with
- Yes would have an understanding
- Staff are respectful and sensitive the cultures of our children and their families. We acknowledge special occasions that are relevant to our children and our local community. We provide opportunities to experience significant festivals, such as Diwali.
- Languages spoken
We currently have children who speak English as an additional language, including Tagalog and Thai.
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- Immediate vacancies
- We currently have vacancies for our September 2017 intake. Please telephone for details, including the additional 15 hours entitlement for some working families.
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 3 years to 5 years (spaces available: )
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 08:45:00 15:15:00 Tuesday 08:45:00 15:15:00 Wednesday 08:45:00 15:15:00 Thursday 08:45:00 15:15:00 Friday 08:45:00 15:15:00
- Offers pickups
- SENCo name
- Mrs Helen Tucker
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
We invite parents and their child to visit before starting the setting. We arrange home visits in the summer term for those parents that wish to participate. We liaise with other professional agencies where necessary. We use an established data tracking and monitoring system to ensure that all children are making consistent progress and to highlight any children that are struggling.
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
We refer to the Development Matters to monitor children's progress. This allows us to quickly identify any children who are not reaching the expected levels of achievement in their learning and development. We prepare an Education/Health/Care Plan with the parents for any child who requires extra help and support. This is reviewed with the parents and outside agencies, where necessary, on a regular basis.
- Links we have to other agencies
St Petroc's School staff; Locality SENCO; Speech and Language Therapist; Health Visitors; Children's Centre Teacher; Portage; Autism Worker; Physiotherapist; Educational Psychologist; Disabled Children's Worker.
- How we support children transferring to school
Based on the St Petroc's school site, we regularly access the library, hall and playing fields. We have excellent links with the Foundation Stage staff. Formal transition takes place in the Summer term for all children.
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
The setting manager is a qualified Early Years Teacher. SENCO induction training; Behaviour management training; Makaton signing; Supporting families with EAL; Visual support training; British Values; Health and Safety. All staff are highly qualified and experienced, and update their training regularly.
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
Healthy snacks provided daily by St Petroc's School catering team; Planning is based on children's individual needs and interests; Longer observations include statements linked to the Leuven scales; Daily 'free flow' play including plenty of outdoor play all year round.
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
Tapestry learning diaries regularly shared with parents; Informal feedback at the beginning and end of sessions; Regular parent consultation meetings; Parent notice board; Regular newsletters.
- Our complaints policy
We follow statutory guidelines and procedures that can be found in our Complaints Policy (available in the foyer).
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
No alterations required as the setting is already fully accessible.
- Facilities we have for personal care
Three toilets are accessible within the main classroom for the children to use independently. A large accessible toilet is also available. Nappy changing takes place in an area where children are safe and secure. Where small group or 1:1 activities are required, the door to the quiet room can be closed.
- Specialist resources we have
All staff have undertaken training on using visual support. This enables staff to support children with communication and information processing disorders.
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
Local outings are always planned with the children in mind and specific resources will be factored in at the risk assessment stage, such as buggies, wheelchair, extra adults etc. We take an emergency bag with us every time we leave the building which contains general first aid equipment as well as any medication that children might need. Risk assessments, access plans and pre-visits are always carried out before visiting somewhere new.
Last updated: 08/06/2017