Cross, Mrs Sharon Louise
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
I have been registered since 2001 & live with my husband. I ensure that a range of activities are available to suit the childrens age & stage of development. These include role play, messy play, books, craft, construction toys, sensory & exploratory play. I also have a safe enclosed garden area for the children to play in. I received the grade of Outstanding on my last 3 Ofsted inspections with the last one being 19th February 2020.
I am able to provide 2,3 and 4 year old funding.
I am a member of QCC (Quality Childminding in Cornwall)
Training & qualifications -
I regularly attend training and ensure my First Aid, Safeguarding and food hygiene are up to date.
Who to contact
- Contact name
- Sharon Cross
- Contact position
Mobile: 07795 363387
Where to go
Train station 1 mile. Bus stop nearby.
Time / date details
- Session information
- Monday : 08:00:00 - 17:30:00 Tuesday : 08:00:00 - 17:30:00 Wednesday : 08:00:00 - 17:30:00 Thursday : 08:00:00 - 17:30:00
- Table of costs
Table of costs Amount Cost Type £4.50 Per Hour £33.00 Per Day
- £4.50 Per Hour
£33.00 Per Day
£120.00 Per Week
Reductions available for siblings
- Do you offer a free or reduced rate to carers?
Inclusion within our setting
- Has provision
- If required
- Has provision
- If required
- Languages spoken
- Are there any pets at the setting?
- List of pets
- Immediate vacancies
- Please contact Sharon for vacancy information.
- Vacancy range(s)
- From 3 months years to 14 years years (spaces available: )
- Date updated
- 3 & 4 year old funding
- 2 year old funding
Opening times & facilities
- Opening times
Opening times Day Opening time Closing time Monday 08:00:00 17:30:00 Tuesday 08:00:00 17:30:00 Wednesday 08:00:00 17:30:00 Thursday 08:00:00 17:30:00
- Offers pickups
- Carclaze Community Primary School
- Happy to drop off and pick up from Carclaze
- SENCo name
- Sharon Cross
Early Years Local Offer response
- Systems and strategies we have in place to identify children that may require additional support
Regular training updated and Senco meetings attended
- How we identify and support children's learning and development needs
I do a Baseline assessment when they first come to my setting, and then use an on line learning journal to to track the childrens progress.
- Links we have to other agencies
I have links with nurseries and schools, and would link to other health professionals if required
- How we support children transferring to school
I help the parents with the transition stage and support them. Their childs learning journals are provided for the parents to share with the school
Learning and development
- Specialist skills or training our staff have
I update my safeguarding certificate every 3 years, and continuously update any relevant training
- Support we offer regarding children's health and well-being
I offer healthy eating, and regularly take the children out to local woods, parks, beach toddler groups and soft play centres
- Ways we inform parents about how their child is being supported
I do a daily diary which lets the parents know what their child has done through the day, and the parents have access to the learning journals
- Our complaints policy
Any complaint should be made to myself, and I have a policy in place which states I will notify Ofsted of any such complaint.
I will try and resolve any issues, but the parents will be given Ofsteds address and contact number should they wish to take things further
- Alterations we have made to make our building accessible
- Facilities we have for personal care
I have a bathroom which the children use, and a potty and step so they can reach to wash their hands. Anti bacterial soap is used, and individual changing mats for nappy changing
- Specialist resources we have
I have a range of multi cultural toys and books, and source other specialist toys if required
- How we include all children in activities, such as trips
All children are included in all activities and trips we do. I have comprehensive list of risk assessments, and use buggies or reigns as required. All the toys in the play room are accessible to all the children
Last updated: 13/03/2020