Poppy Calls (Handy Van Service) - Royal British Legion
The Royal British Legion's Handy Van service (also known as Poppy Calls) means that if you need any minor maintenance work or adaptations, we are here to help.
Our trained, friendly, and reliable fitters can carry out many tasks in your home including:
- The provision of household checks covering physical security, fire safety and winter warmth.
- Changing light-bulbs and tap washers.
- Installing shelves, curtain-rails and grab-rails.
- Installling smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Fitting and changing door locks and other security features.
- Building access ramps and sheds where an EPV has been provided by the Legion.
- Installing carephones.
This is not an exhaustive list so let us know what you need, and if we can help, we will.
Our Handy Van service is available for all Legion beneficiaries living in the our served areas. The service is free if you are receiving a means-tested benefit, and if you are aged 75 or over (irrespective of whether you are in receipt of a means-tested benefit or not).
Additional support may also be given to those who have been invalided from Service.
If you are not eligible for a free service, then we will give you a competitive quote.