The Dreadnought Centre is a registered Charity working Countywide with children and young people aged 8 – 19 who are experiencing problems in their lives. The Dreadnought Centre seeks to empower young people to make informed decisions for themselves and to enable them to change their lives. We offer unconditional acceptance of young people working in a holisitic way. We offer positive adult role models and many opportunities for young people to express themselves creatively. The Dreadnought Centre also offers members of the community the opportunity to become involved by volunteering within the Centres and on an outreach basis. Dreadnought has an outreach project in the North, West and East of the County, providing many services for children and young people in their local area. For further information please go to the website.
What we offer:
- Anger management programme
- Self-esteem building
- Eating disorders
- Parent and child (Domestic Violence) Socialisation Group
- Bereavement and loss
- Leaving care support - 12 week programme
- Post abuse work - one to one or group work covered
- Befriending scheme
- Hotspot - a programme for children and young people who may have an unhealthy interest in fire related activity
- Aspires - working with children and young people with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Gambling - one to one or group work
- Sexual health/rights/assertiveness programme
- Support for prisoners' families
- Bespoke 1-1 and group progammes as requested
The above is not an exhuastive list and the service you require may not be listed but the probability is that in nearly 40 years we have worked with most emotional and behavioural issues facing young people..so please just ask.
For more information please contact either via telephone or e-mail as below.
Who to contact
Where to go
- The Dreadnought Centre
Carn Brea Lane
- TR15 3DS
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays
- Age ranges
- From 8 years to 19 years
- Referral required
Last updated: 01/08/2016