Cornwall's Family Information Service
Services and organisations that have the Local Offer flash have filled out inclusion information, meaning that they meet the needs of people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
The Family Information Service is Cornwall’s main signposting service for parents and carers of children aged from 0 – 20, or 25 if they have additional needs.
We also support unpaid carers and adults accessing social care services. If you are an unpaid carer who would like support, call us to access the Kernow Carers Service.
As well as advice over the telephone, we also have a website full of information for families and professionals.
The Family Information Service is the only place to find details of all Ofsted registered childcare providers in Cornwall.
So call, email or visit our directory for any family related enquiry and we will point you in the right direction.
Examples of queries we can help with include:
- What can we do as a family?
- Who gives advice on parenting and where can I find groups and classes?
- Problems completing a school application form
- I want to become a childminder
- Do i qualify for funded childcare?
- What support services are available to help my child with…?
- My child has an additional need, I need help with…
- Family Hub details
- My family needs a support worker
- I'm having problems managing my childs behaviour
Who to contact
Where to go
- Family Information Service
St Austell Information Service,
39 Penwinnick Road
- PL25 5DR
Time / date details
- When is it on?
- Office Hours 09:00 - 17:00, answerphone and email available outside of these hours
- Referral required
- How we make our service inclusive
To make the Family Information Service easy to contact, we offer both a freephone number and a landline number.
There is also the option to email or search our website for information, we can also be contacted via our facebook page.
If required, we can send hard copies of information to people, available in another language or easy read format.
We will even visit Council buildings to work directly with parents if they require additional support.
This website also offers Google Translate to make information even more accessible.
When working with families we remain impartial at all times.
- Staff SEND experience
All staff are trained to level 4 in ‘Information Advice and Guidance’ enabling us to better support families. We work very closely with the Parent Carers Cornwall in making the service accessible. Our staff are also trained to produce easy read documents and undertake accessibility training.
- How our service supports providers / schools / colleges
We offer advice, information and guidance to providers, schools and colleges helping them find the right support. If you would like us to attend your school, college or setting, please email us.
- Support at key transition points
We support parents, carers and professionals in accessing services that support transitions for young people at various life stages. This could be anything from an early years, employment or educational service, or a transition service within Cornwall Council.
- Other local or national support
NAFIS Gov UK Devon FIS Plymouth FIS Ofsted Cornwall Council
- Resolving disagreements, mediation and making complaints
If a family has a disagreement it is best to inform us so that a resolution can be found.
Formal complaints can be made through the Cornwall Council complaints process.
Last updated: 04/09/2014